?'s on HP 3200+ AMD 64 comp

maxxx6969

hey guys, im interesting in getting this comp, its got an
AMD 64 processor
1024 MB ddr ram memory
200 gig HD
9-in-1 memory card reader
double layer DVD+RW drive
its 2.2 ghz though (a little slow for so much other stuff)

all im wondering is about 3 questions

1. I heard HP are very bad with upgrading because they make thier own parts, i wanna be able to upgrade in the future.

2. I need a comp for video editing (amaturish now and prof. in the future) is this comp good enough for this?

3. right now i wanna burn dvd's im assuming this is goood for that...

im pretty limited on time i might be going later tonight before they sell out on this modell, if n e one can help it would be greatly appriciated.

thank you.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
maxxx6969 said:
its 2.2 ghz though (a little slow for so much other stuff)

2.2ghz is not slow for a athlon 64 3200. That computer proberly can beat most 3.2ghz pentiums(at least for gamming)

2 and 3 I proberly say yes.

I dont know about 1. I have a old hp and I have no problem upgrading the video card but I dont know how hp are these days about upgrading.

Last edited:

maxxx6969

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLYS, I MAY GO GET THIS TOMORROW THEN AND IN THE FUTURE UPGRADE TO BETTER VIDEO/GRAPHICS CARDS ECT. I ALSO TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE 2.2 BEING SLOW EVERYONES YELLING AT ME LOL

THANKS AGAIN, BY THE WAY HERES SOME MORE HOPEFULLY USEFULL INFO
Video Memory - 128Mb SHARED
Graphics - SIS Mirage 2

AND IF N E ONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THE UPGRADING PART? IS HP HARD TO UPGRADE WITH LIKE IVE HEARD, OR IS IT AS EASY AS BUYING THE NEW PEICE YOU WANT (SAY A NEW VIDEO CARD BETTER THEN THE ONE I HAVE) AND REPLACING THE OLD ONE?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
upgrading the video depends if HP put an AGP/16xPCIe slot on the board, otherwise most stuff is easy to upgrade if you are willing to fight with their stupid HP cases to get it opened in the right area to access the components you need.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys, im interesting in getting this comp, its got an
AMD 64 processor
1024 mb DDR RAM memory
200 gig hd
9-in-1 memory card reader
double layer DVD+rw drive
its 2. 2 GHz though (a little slow for so much other stuff)
- if you're building, make sure you get the correct motherboard (i. e. , socket939-3500 vs socket754-3200)

- if its socket754, avoid the nforce3-150 chipset

1. I heard HP are very bad with upgrading because they make thier own parts, I wanna be able to upgrade in the future.
oh ok so you're not building. ok that done, when you buy your HP machine and open it up, you'll notice that you will have damn near no free PCI slots and will probably have 2 dimm slots (3 max but I doubt it). the motherboard will prolly be MSI so more bad than good (then again thats the price of buying OEM)

2. I need a comp for video editing (amaturish now and prof. in the future) is this comp good enough for this?
in general, this is an Intel
playground (until you start getting up to the heavy hitting AMD procs)

thanks for the quick replys, I may go get this tomorrow then and in the future upgrade to better video/graphics cards ect. I also take back what I said about the 2. 2 being slow everyones yelling at me lol

thanks again, by the way heres some more hopefully usefull info
video memory - 128mb shared
graphics - sis mirage 2

and if n e one else knows about the upgrading part? is HP hard to upgrade with like ive heard, or is it as easy as buying the new peice you want (say a new video card better then the one I have) and replacing the old one?
1. easy on the allcaps.
2. your computer doesnt have 1024mb . it has 896mb -- 128mb is used by the video
3. the video chip is garbage for gaming . good if you don't wanna game

upgrading the video depends if HP put an AGP/16xPCIe slot on the board
PCI-Express is hard enough to find let alone on an OEM board . as for AGP I would think they would but HP has a way of surprising me from time to time

right now I wanna burn DVD's im assuming this is goood for that. .
depends on the make and model of the burner. since its and OEM then im guessing prolyl a cheapo burner like the lower end nECS or worse, an lg.

i don't know about 1. I have a old HP and I have no problem upgrading the video card but I don't know how HP are these days about upgrading.
shouldn't be too big a problem on the video but everything else (PCI, dimm) . . that might be a tad difficult