S4 or HTC One?!?

tech savvy

I need a little help deciding which one to get. So I thought I'll come on here and see what ya'll think. So... Which one would you get, if any?

I was thinking of putting the iPhone5 as an option, but came to relies that the iPhone is packing old hardware and sporting a relatively small screen...compared to the S4 and HTC One. Also, I was looking in to the Windows phone (From Lumia), before I checked out my friends Lumia 822 and he told me a lot about it, which wasn't good by the way. He said if he could go back time, he would differently choose a different phone.

I welcome other options, but keep in mind, I really want a big screen, best performance specs possible(Don't the S4 have a ‘octo-core’ version?), 16GB+ storage(preferably removable storage) , and most importantly, through T-Mobile.

I looked up a review chart on the S4 vs the HTC One, and the person who did the review has the HTC One as the winner. Check it out - http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one - Thoughts?!?

Any help greatly appreciated!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you want bigger screen then look at the Note 2 or wait a couple months and get the Note 3. Otherwise I would suggest the S4.

daisymtc

Look - HTC one
Speed, Photo - Samsung

Other to consider Samsung S4 Active. Sony Xperia Z.

If you getting S4, make sure you get LTE version

I was looking for the same thing a few months ago and ended up getting a nexus 4. It runs well for my usage. I like that it was cheap off of a plan.

If it was between those two you mentioned specifically I would choose the htc. I have seen more people pleased with their phones lately than Samsung.

PCunicorn

I would also get a Nexus 4. My mom has a S4 and its nothing to be proud of. Its fast, takes reaaonable pitctures and has a nuce screen, but has a ton of samsung crap. Thr HTC has all of these but it looks better and the crap isn't as crappy. Still, with either one I would put a custom rom on. The Nexus 4 has no crap, and is fast and takes reasinable pictures.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Both are not running a pure Android, to me the HTC One feels like a better build quality and looks better.

FuryRosewood

i like the idea of having a removable battery and sd card slot, not sure if the one has a sd card slot...i know the S4 does...but I am currently waiting on the Note III

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I like HTC products over Samsung. I like the HTC Sense interface and their design is far superior to Samsung.

wbt50

Samsung S4 is a quality phone.

I've have used both high end Samsung and HTC phones and I must say Samsung takes the nod from me.

Specs aside, I always found HTC to experience the occasional glitch and freezing, while Samsung has been super reliable for me.

spynoodle

As an owner of an older Android phone (Motorola Droid 2), I would have to go with the S4 based on the fact that it has a removable battery and a menu button, whereas the HTC One doesn't. I don't know how it works with ICS, but with Gingerbread on my Droid 2, holding the menu button brings up or closes the keyboard, and I find that to be very useful. Nonetheless, my biggest qualm about the HTC One would be the non-replaceable battery; what are you going to do in two or three years if you don't need to upgrade but the battery is shot? For me, a replaceable battery would be a must-have.

tech savvy

As an owner of an older Android phone (Motorola Droid 2), I would have to go with the S4 based on the fact that it has a removable battery and a menu button, whereas the HTC One doesn't. I don't know how it works with ICS, but with Gingerbread on my Droid 2, holding the menu button brings up or closes the keyboard, and I find that to be very useful. Nonetheless, my biggest qualm about the HTC One would be the non-replaceable battery; what are you going to do in two or three years if you don't need to upgrade but the battery is shot? For me, a replaceable battery would be a must-have.

I was leaning towards the HTC One before I knew that the battery isn't removable. And you do bring up a very good valid point, if the battery dies, then the phones dies. (Unless I send it in for repairs, which would cost probably around $100 or 200)

So far, the ones that was recommended are...S4, HTC One, S4 Active, Samsung Note 2, Nexus 4, and Sony Xperia Z. What about the BlackBerry Z10?!? Anyone have any experience with that phone?!? Worth looking into?!?

I really want to narrow it down to two phones before I go into T-mobile Monday. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

I see most people are suggesting the S4, and as of now, it looks like the one I'm getting.

Thanks again!