Sager laptops

craftingdickson

Hey
I am considering buying a laptop and a friend (not really) recommended me to buy a Sager laptop. I am a high school student and I want a laptop that is good for school work and for leisure activities (gaming, movies etc.)
These are sort of my personal criteria of a laptop I expect to buy:
  • price is around $1000-2000
  • has a good cooling system
  • light weight
  • able to run games smoothly
  • able to multitask
  • long battery life
I've been reading a lot of Sager reviews and this is currently what they say:
  • Very good performance
  • Very bad customer support
  • Heavy
  • Doesn't have a long battery life
  • Very customizable
  • Affordable
  • Nice look
The reviews have mixed opinions and I'm not sure if I should get a Sager laptop or not. I hope you guys can help me out. ;)

FuryRosewood

Buy a lightweight and efficient laptop for school second hand - i recommend a lenovo thinkpad t440, you can get 8 hours out of it on battery with conservative settings. Then buy or build a desktop for gaming. School and gaming laptop do not go hand and hand, though my inspiron 7559 is a decent compromise, but if you do not need graphics performance on the road, id recommend the thinkpad t440.

beers

Staff member
A lot of 'uber gaming' laptops will be chunky/heavy and have crap battery life.

Cisco001

I believe sager laptop use clevo barebone. If customer service a problem, you could check place like cyberpowerpc, ibuypower.

Regarding battery lifetime comment, that is common for all gaming laptop.

craftingdickson

Buy a lightweight and efficient laptop for school second hand - i recommend a lenovo thinkpad t440, you can get 8 hours out of it on battery with conservative settings. Then buy or build a desktop for gaming. School and gaming laptop do not go hand and hand, though my inspiron 7559 is a decent compromise, but if you do not need graphics performance on the road, id recommend the thinkpad t440.
Will check it out :) This is my build for my desktop: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/prPHVn
I believe sager laptop use clevo barebone. If customer service a problem, you could check place like cyberpowerpc, ibuypower.

Regarding battery lifetime comment, that is common for all gaming laptop.
Oh I see, good to know :p

Cisco001

Personally wont spend $107 on cooler. I wonld rather spend $25 get a cm 212 evo, and get i7 or better gpu

FuryRosewood

I have no problem with the cooler, it will run nice and quiet, and wont be a big heavy skyscraper hanging and stressing the motherboard. I would change up and get yourself windows 10 pro, but thats generally how i do things.