Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

funkysnair

VIP Member
anyone have experience with the above? any info etc?

im wanting to use it with tom clanceys H.A.W.X, ive been talking to a friend at work who plays on the flight simulators but he has no experience with the game (his pc cant play it) or the controller!

i have the game (free with gpu) and im considering the controller, i havent played the game because its rubbish with the mouse+keyboard

any info welcome :)

Fatback

VIP Member
Well for hawk a joystick type controller would be best the yoke is mainly for flight simulator type games where you fly passenger air craft like the 747 and such. Here is what I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826102507&Tpk=saitek X52 and it works really good on hawk and flight simulator X if you are going to be only playing hawk with it the the X52 is a great buy but If you plan on getting Flight Simulator X or a similar game then a yoke would be a good idea but when flying military air craft a joystick works much better.

bomberboysk

HAWX is best with a joystick, yoke's are good for actual flight simulators such as Microsoft flight simulator, X-Plane, etc.

funkysnair

VIP Member
can you tell me how joystick would be better? to me the yoke looks more realistic so it should feel more realistic?

i would have thought the joystick for helicopter and yoke for planes?

bomberboysk

can you tell me how joystick would be better? to me the yoke looks more realistic so it should feel more realistic?

i would have thought the joystick for helicopter and yoke for planes?
Fighter/attack/strike/close air support aircraft use a stick, only civilian and bomber style aircraft use a yoke(with a couple exceptions, such as the P38 lightning II fighter).

HAWX isnt really realistic anyhow... if you want realism, Flight Simulator X.

Fatback

VIP Member
Fighter/attack/strike/close air support aircraft use a stick, only civilian and bomber style aircraft use a yoke(with a couple exceptions, such as the P38 lightning II fighter).

HAWX isnt really realistic anyhow... if you want realism, Flight Simulator X.

+1 Hawk is just a fun game to play with the flight controls and the game is not good enough to spend a lot of money for nice controllers if you won't to get into some real flying then get Flight Simulator X like bomber said. If not then just get you a cheap joystick to play Hawk with because I promise it does get old very quickly well it did to me anyways.

funkysnair

VIP Member
+1 Hawk is just a fun game to play with the flight controls and the game is not good enough to spend a lot of money for nice controllers if you won't to get into some real flying then get Flight Simulator X like bomber said. If not then just get you a cheap joystick to play Hawk with because I promise it does get old very quickly well it did to me anyways.

yeh thats prob why i got the game free with my gpu lol

i think im gonna drop this subject, i think the flight sim looks too boring for me to spend £100 on the yoke

bomberboysk

Lets put it this way, HAWX is fun and all, but not for serious simulation. You could have just as much fun with a $20 joystick as with a $100 joystick in HAWX, its a flight simulator where it really counts. But i will say, hawx is horrible without a joystick, a joystick no matter of the quality is pretty much required;)

Fatback

VIP Member
yeh thats prob why i got the game free with my gpu lol

i think im gonna drop this subject, i think the flight sim looks too boring for me to spend £100 on the yoke

It does get a little boring at times especially on the long missions I really don't play it much anymore because I just don't find it inserting as much as when I first got it. Hawk is not a bad game just really like with any flying game it is repetitive and after flying around and shooting things it just become more annoying the joyful.

bomberboysk

It does get a little boring at times especially on the long missions I really don't play it much anymore because I just don't find it inserting as much as when I first got it. Hawk is not a bad game just really like with any flying game it is repetitive and after flying around and shooting things it just become more annoying the joyful.
Thats the problem with combat flying games. Actual simulators arent boring, as they are meant to simulate actually flying:p

Fatback

VIP Member
Thats the problem with combat flying games. Actual simulators arent boring, as they are meant to simulate actually flying:p

I think Flight Simulator X is a really good game but when I have to do those 45min to and hour and a half long missions I can't stand it it drives me crazy just flying In a straight line the whole time with the occasional turn very boring Usually I will put it on Auto pilot and go do something else. I really like to do the missions where I have to land the plane those are my favorite and I'm getting pretty good at landing on the bus :cool:.

bomberboysk

I think Flight Simulator X is a really good game but when I have to do those 45min to and hour and a half long missions I can't stand it it drives me crazy just flying In a straight line the whole time with the occasional turn very boring Usually I will put it on Auto pilot and go do something else. I really like to do the missions where I have to land the plane those are my favorite and I'm getting pretty good at landing on the bus :cool:.
SIMULATOR!!!!

Sorry, but its a simulator, not a game. And yes, there is a difference;)

Fatback

VIP Member
SIMULATOR!!!!

Sorry, but its a simulator, not a game. And yes, there is a difference;)

God sorry simulator lol and yes I do know there is a difference between a game and a simulator but weather it is a game or simulator it can get pretty boring on long missions although I have finished them all expect for that very last one the simulator has pretty good replay value but I don't do any mission over 30mins anymore.

yeh so its defo not for me then... stuff that lol

Yea it's not for every body you have to have a lot of patients

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
by the time i'd come to land the plane i would have consumed too much beer and would not have the ability to land it lol

Fatback

VIP Member
by the time i'd come to land the plane i would have consumed too much beer and would not have the ability to land it lol

lol I would love to see a the video of you trying to fly and land that plane while drunk that would be hilarious. There are some fun missions like the one where you have to land on a moving bus or race a truck down the runway.