Samsung 860 EVO 38c (100F) Temperature okay?

So I just noticed my Samsung 860 EVO 1TB is running at 38c or 100F I was wondering if this was normal and if other users with similar drive can share their temps. That's the main OS drive, the secondary storage 860 EVO 1TB drive is running at 33c or 91F which is 5 degrees cooler.
EDIT: C is OS Drive F is the Storage drive.

Appreciate any input I can get.
Thanks

forum.JPG

38C is nothing ;)
Really? great! I never really looked at the Drive temps on my PC till today was just curious. Good to hear is performing as intended. Do you have any SATA SSD's on your PC? what temps do you yours get and what model do you have?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Where are these drives mounted? If one is lower and the other is higher then heat rises so the one higher will be hotter.

Where are these drives mounted? If one is lower and the other is higher then heat rises so the one higher will be hotter.
Bottom front of the case but one of the front 140mm fans is blowing air in on the Drives. The Case is the Master Case Pro 5. What do you call it when you have a divider between the PC and the PSU at the bottom? forgot the name. Well my case has that. I have no room in the back panel for the SSD's that's like the only spot I can put them.

OmniDyne

As stated, those temps are normal. I don't remember what the 860 hits under load, but it's not abnormal for SSDs to hit upwards of 50 degrees celsius or higher. Interestingly, the flash used in SSDs operates best when warm.

As stated, those temps are normal. I don't remember what the 860 hits under load, but it's not abnormal for SSDs to hit upwards of 50 degrees celsius or higher. Interestingly, the flash used in SSDs operates best when warm.
Interesting! appreciate the help not gonna worry about it for now then. Was curious more than anything I never really paid attention to Storage Drive temps before and wanted to know if it the temps looked good.

Thank you.