Samsung Galaxy Tab A speaks the time?

johnnyb58

Twice today my Galaxy Tablet spoke the time in Voice and I don’t know what I did to do that. The first time I just turned on the screen and the second time I plugged in the charger. I like that feature, but can’t do it again. So how do I do that?

I found during a google search that an appointment app does that, but that’s not what I want. When I’m outside I can’t see anything on my screen and it would be great to hear the time instead.

johnnyb58

OK, it did it again today when I unplugged the mini plug to my speakers. I love this feature except that I want to be able to do it on my command

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You probably have an accessibility feature enabled. Check there for other settings, if not I don't think that option is available in stock android. Most likely will need an app to do that.

johnnyb58

It has a Talkback feature intended for people who can’t see the screen, but I can’t find anything for time and it was turned off.

So I turned on TalkBack which did enable me to hear the time and battery charge, but it was a nightmare. You must double tap and swipe everything to do anything. For some reason I can’t double tap and swipe. It must have taken me a 1/2 hour just to get the damn thing to turn off and I will never, never ever do that again. So I give up.