Samsung Galaxy tab connection problem

fifthwheel

Hi all I have a Galaxy tab S2 showing a couple of errors. When I connect to my home router it shows a strong connection but drops out
all the time showing "couldn't establish a secure connection" " and sometimes "there was a network error."

I created a hotspot on my Android phone but I get the same messages. Any help would be appreciated thanks John.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Considering that tablet is 7 years old at this point, it's no longer supported. It's time for a new one. There is an issue with the wireless card in it or it just can't connect to the more secure networks.

beers

Staff member
Any difference between 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz bands in behavior when using the same sec settings? Might tell you if one of the radios is starting to flake out.

Hellmut1956

I have a tablet from Samsung Tab A. For unknown reasons it is seen by the PC but nor connected and then for unknown reasons it works and weeks or even montha later it does not connect with the PC.

fifthwheel

Thanks for the replies, I know 7 years is old for a lot of computer stuff but I am disappointed I have to bin such a perfect tablet it really is like new. The problem according to Google seems quite common but all the advice I can find is to do a hard reset but in my case it does not work. I read somewhere If I flash the rom it might cure it but to be honest I've no idea what that means.