Sapphire 4870x2

Rocko

Selling my old card, just replaced it with a 5850. Before considering, please note that the card has small square-like artifacts that flash around the screen, much like if the card was overclocked. While in my possession, the card has not been overclocked. I know the previous/original owner, but cannot guarantee he did not overclock the card.

I ran an "underclock" on the card and determined that at the values;

Core Voltage= 1262mV (stock)
Core Clock= 700MHz (stock=750MHz)
Memory Clock= 800MHz (stock=900Mhz)

the card is completely stable with no artifacts. Tested with Techpowerup GPU tool and 3DMark06. 3DMark06 score at these values was 19439 with the rig in my sig.

3dmark4870x2.jpg

4870x2.jpg

Asking $70 USD, I will pay first $5 in shipping. I will also, because of the nature of the card, offer 100% return if the card fails within the first 2 weeks of arrival.

Last edited:

bcoffee20

Hey im interested in this since im just running a 4850 and this looks like a good upgrade. I was just curious about how long you ran it stable on those settings for?

Rocko

I ran it at its stock settings while in my possession, and it was not crashing or anything, it just had occasional artifacts.

At the settings I found of time of post, I ran a test for about an hour without any artifacts or instability.