Sapphire's 2gb ati 4890?

MengusDew

Would the Saphire 2gb ATI 4890 be worth the extra cash over the other 1gb ATI 4890's in terms of performance?

linkin

VIP Member
Maybe if you game @ 2560x1600 resolution or whatever it is. lol.
On a serious note i doubt you would see much increase.

Last edited:

MengusDew

For what a 2gb. 4890 model cost, you would be better off waiting and get a 5850.
Maybe, but unless the 5850 will be avaliable in the next month or month and 1/2, then I don't wanna wait any longer. This is my first system, and I'm getting everything at once. I'll have the money for it all in a month or so. I'm very eager being my first, and my current one sucks.

MengusDew

Maybe if you game @ 2560x1600 resolution or whatever it is. lol.
On a serious note i doubt you would see much increase.
Ok, on that note I'll just get the 1gb version I guess, unless there's a better option, within the same price range (around $200-250). What company would you say has the best 4890 on the current market? Oh also, I'm not sure if this applies to the VGC or not, but I will be running in full HD with HDMI, the MOBO and monitor will be HDMI also.

Last edited:

Mitch?

banned
Brands for ATI cards - XFX - Sapphire - HIS - Gigabyte - Asus

If you see a good deal on a Visiontek they've always been solid to me. I've personally had all of the aforementioned except XFX, and they're all working today (no customers had issues either, and i'm think 80% of those are Sapphire or Visiontek.)