saved movies from backup now 1/10th play rate!

randynh

I am not sure of all the terminology used, but I will explain as best as I can. I recently re installed windows. I had backed my computer up onto dvd's. I had a lot of movies of the kids that I recorded in HD. I try to play them now and it is about the equivalent of a dial connection vs cable in the internet world of speed. I click on the file in the folder and it says that it is 110KB for example, but if I look at the properties of the video the file size says that it is 100MB.
when I saved the information from the dvd to the computer I had to transfer the info to documents and then unzip. I think this may have something to do with it, but I am not sure what to do from here

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you use some special program to backup your stuff? Most likely you will need to use that same software to copy the stuff back.

randynh

Did you use some special program to backup your stuff? Most likely you will need to use that same software to copy the stuff back.

I used windows. I tried to reinstall through the backup application, but it for some reason doesn't work. I am getting pretty frustrated with this