Saving Ethernet adapters/drivers- help needed

StrangleHold

Staff member
And as I asked in my first post when I reinstall the realtek driver, when I insert the CD with it on will it simply appear and then I click on it to install it automatically as someone said? Or would I have to go to the CD Drive and then click on it?

Some do some dont, either way.

Also: can someone just confirm for me that I definitely don't have to run the speedtouch disc on my PC after the format to get back online?

Whats speedtouch, if thats your router cd, it will stay the same

Finally, what do I do if the driver won't install, I know it's very unlikely, but it's best if I'm prepared. Is there anything I could do to make it install if it doesn't do so automatically?

If your installing 2000 or XP it should already have the driver, I have installed both many times and it has the realtek driver

The Nightingale

Yes, the speedtouch disc came with my router, I had to configure it on this and the master computer when I first set up broadband.

As for the driver, when you install, does it just come up on a list of things that windows has found? Then you just tick a box and install.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Well if your installing 2000 or XP the realtek driver will be installed with the OS, will already be installed with windows. The drivers from Realtek might be updated from the ones windows installs and I guess you could update them with the one from Realtek