Say HELL YEAH!!! if you are still using a CRT monitor

Nanobyte

I have 2, they work fine. They'll be around until the screens burn in. I usually only run one at a time and use VNC to show the second (off) monitor display on the other PC/monitor. If I'm spending a long time on the second PC I will turn the monitor on. My second PC was bought with the money saved in not changing the first PC's monitor. Sounds a plan to me.

kobaj

VIP Member
I used two as secondaries, but pending how fast shipping is, they'll be bits and pieces Office Space style in a few days. It's not that I don't like CRTs, they've certainly been some of my best monitors and I really like the black/white contrast of them compared to LCD, but smashie smashie is always fun :D.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I chucked all my CRT's years ago. Not only do they use needless amounts of electricity, but they're hard on the eyes as well. And they have a buzz like an old style TV.

tremmor

And to big. They are cheap enough now. 19" minimum. Im running dual 24" Samsung Synmasters. Crt's to big and to wide. step up.

Dramen

My backup PC has a CRT monitor. It's big, heavy and using a screen with curvature is kind of a pain after using a flat screen monitor, but overall they were a pretty good screen to use in the day. There were even some questions about them in my Hardware fundamentals exam last year, so in an industry where progress steams ahead, it's saying something that they are still in use and taking up space on peoples desks.

dave1701

DSCI0261.jpg

My gateway EV700

It does hurt my eyes a little, so I have to turn down the briteness, but other than that it works fine.

funkysnair

VIP Member
i had a crt and it hurt my eyes like hell, so i bought a 17" cheap asse make monitor a few years back and it cost £230 wasnt even widescreen (was the days when lcd's used to cost you an organ)

now i have a samsung 22" and ive never looked back - crt's where good in there day but im guessing alot of people had problems with there eyes using them in the working enviroment

Aastii

VIP Member
i had a crt and it hurt my eyes like hell, so i bought a 17" cheap asse make monitor a few years back and it cost £230 wasnt even widescreen (was the days when lcd's used to cost you an organ)

now i have a samsung 22" and ive never looked back - crt's where good in there day but im guessing alot of people had problems with there eyes using them in the working enviroment

My new 20" (New to me) LCD monitor cost my friend £650 when he bought it 4 years ago. I bought it off him couple days back for £30 :p

No I do not use CRT, 2 LCD monitors sat on my desk