SCAN.CO.UK - Buyers beware, credit card issue

FatManSam

The other day I went to order some PC parts for the parents using their credit card and three times I entered an incorrect password on the card verification part that usually pops up.

The next day three boxes arrived from scan with each with exactly the same hardware ;P

Clearly, there is an issue when it comes to this car verification part (the bit that will ask you, for example, please enter 1st, 5th and 7th character from your password etc).

So just be careful when you don't get the password wrong or you'll end up with more than you wanted like me lol ;P

tremmor

Using credit card can be a problem. Ive learned also. It was a minor and my mistake. went to order then backed out then bought again then bought twice. Always look at quantity or how many. Stupid on my part but caught it. Always use a virtual keyboard also. We pay online our bills and works well. If you have a computer and i have five.
I have one computer for paying bills. Wiped clean a military wipe, never check email or nothing else. Strictly bill paying only and business. just my thought. Its a old computer and works fine.

I do suspect its your quantity like mentioned. Incorrect password should not be the problem. Just the same pay attention. Im saying backing out because change of mind or maybe not right now then going back, might be a 2nd or 3rd order.

Worked out well though.

Last edited:

FatManSam

Yeah, annoying. Thankfully the customer service is pretty good at Scan and they've sorted our the courier to come pick up the 3 massive boxes of PC parts. Shame they had to charge for them :(

FatManSam

Damn! They're not even going to refund me for the delivery costs to Scan! The cheek!

This is ridiculous, I sent them an email asking about this and apparently its common knowledge that an order will still go through even if VBV (credit card check password thing) doesn't work!!

Looks like I'm going to have a fun few days with the customer service.... :p