Scanner refuses to work

ZER0X

VIP Member
Ok for two days now I've been trying to get my scanner to work.

HP Scanjet2300c

1.I turned my scanner on and hooked up the USB
2.It found new hardware I cancled it and insterted the cd and tried to install it.
3.Windows installer comes up "Please wait while windows configures scan"
4.I waited for ages it got half way and froze so I decided to cancel it, it didn't so I end tasked it's process and the installer: "scanconnect.exe, msiexec.exe (two of them)"
5.The installer automatically came on to install the software which seemed alright
6.When it Prompt me to install ie:Next, Cancel I clicked next and it froze so I end tasked it.

process.JPG

7.Tried add hardware it seemed to install fine but then it still needed the cd but again it froze during installation

My processes are getting flooded by msiexec.exe and now I'm sick of looking at them.

What the hells going on :mad: it should just install fine?

But it says that the printer is connected and working but it just wont work at all.

ZER0X

ZER0X

VIP Member
The drivers are installed but when I open the software like microsoft picture it, it says that theres no scanner connected or the software for it has not been installed....but the thing IT HAS!!! :p soz...I can see it when I open my computer it's there.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Also when I go into Microsoft picture it!, my Processes get flooded by msiexec...which is the installer thingy....but it doesn't show anything about installing at all!!!!!!!!

I just read on a previous thread about someone with a hp scanner....they seem to have the same problem as me :confused: