scared off from buying the bulldozer

Ryan_Sama

strangely enough im sure this title could be seen in a construction related forum lol anyways ive been reading alot on the bulldozer and seeing alot of plus and neg reviews of it im having a hard time really knowing if I should stick with my old plan for the amd phenom 1100t and just oc it to 4.0. im a strict gamer and a real graphics whore so high fps is the name of the game. i think right now i could get better graphics running this then the new fx series chips. what does this forum and its infinite wisdom think about this?

jonnyp11

just for gaming the best value is still a phenom x4 955 or 965, only fsx uses over 4 cores and nothing will use more really for a while, and if anything does the x4 will still be plenty strong and you shouldn't miss too much.

Ryan_Sama

i agree with you on that point, im still thinking of going hex-core for the extra headroom to handle my background tasks while destroying games on enthusiast settings :p

jonnyp11

well then the 1090t is the same as the 1100t with a lower multi, only difference really, also the bulldozer only beats the 1100t on like 3 games, but there is a patch scheduled to come out soon so that might change that but we won't know untill it's out.

Ryan_Sama

basically all of these cpus will be able to handle a graphic intensive game like bf3 on max, crysis2, skyrim, mw3 etc right

CrazyMike

Love the title......

I am too scared off the Bulldozer, specifically the FX8150. This was going to be my choice of processor in my current build, but reviews are not that great and people of the forums are saying a hard "don't waste your money".

I have now chosen the Intel 2600K. I can achieve high clocks, performs awesome and i trust Intel a lot (it's all i have ever had).

Now i just have to choose a MOBO. I am thinking about the Asus Maximus IV

jonnyp11

well for this the amd options work just as well since it's not a bench and also they are considerably cheaper.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Right now for the price. The 960T/970 and 1090 are the best deals. That is unless they start dropping the price on Zambezi.

jonnyp11

ow yeah, the 960t is 125 and it has a high likely hood of unlocking 2 extra cores, but if not is a quad core phenom nearly identical to the 955 other than running at 95w instead of 125w, and only 5 more, so it's a good deal

linkin

VIP Member
You could save a little money and go for the 2500k. It's the same as the 2600k, just 100mhz slower and without hyperthreading.

jonnyp11

i think for the bulldozer he was thinking the 6100 not the 81X0's, so the 2500k wwould be more, now if it was a little less than the 6100 then hell yeah, but that will never happen

Ryan_Sama

thanks for all the information folks, im going with the 1090t, i shouldnt have a problem amping it up to 4.0 with a decent watercooler

jonnyp11

watercooler, man you aint hittin 4ghz on a f'n watercooler, that's like putting your foot half way down in a drag race, you better aim for 4.5+ before i find ya

87dtna

Right now for the price. The 960T/970 and 1090 are the best deals. That is unless they start dropping the price on Zambezi.

I agree, the 960T is the best deal. You know it's a thuban 95w quad core which in itself is a plenty capable gaming CPU, with the chance to unlock it to a hex core as well.

Ryan_Sama

lol 4.5 eh, im an oc noob so il take it slow but hey, i might get it that high. ill see what the temps are as im going to be using a homemade case

jonnyp11

well it's a water cooler so the air shouldn't hit the cpu so that won't make much of a diference on the oc'ing