Scariest pc game??

fade2green514

f.e.a.r. hands down.
literally, i had two of my friends just try the first level - NO ENEMIES! they didn't want to play it after the first level, thats how EFFING SCARY THIS GAME IS
just crank up the surround sound, and turn off the lights during night-time.. you'll be scared out of your mind.

for more of a pure gore type of scary, like texas chainsaw massacre type of gross, i'd have to go with Quake 4. its the best action game ive ever played lol... i just cant wait til the physics revolution takes place... like sure, dual core was nice, and directX 10 is going to make graphics a lot better... but physics, this is REALLY going to change the way we play games, and how we experience them. maybe even soon enough we'll be able to play games with virtual reality suits (could it GET any dorkier... i guess its a better way to lose weight than a treadmill haha)

Last edited:

Grimulus

I think Doom 3 is more scary than FEAR. I think Doom had better audio and more unpredictable events(the first time through). FEAR did have its moments but I felt I knew a few were coming, which was not the case with Doom 3.

FEAR is a much better game though.

ADE

banned
F.E.A.R. is the scariest game I've ever played! It will definitely make you jump in the middle of the night with all the lights out! I can't wait till F.E.A.R. Extraction comes out.

I played the demo and its just as scary if not more!

ADE

banned
Yeah know, after playing F.E.A.R. for over a year now the game just doesnt scare me anymore. I really want to have the "oh s**t factor again, but now i don't even get an adrenaline rush anymore :( I want that feeling back soooo bad since that the expansion pack is coming out in like, 2 weeks.

speedyink

VIP Member
Yeah know, after playing F.E.A.R. for over a year now the game just doesnt scare me anymore. I really want to have the "oh s**t factor again, but now i don't even get an adrenaline rush anymore :( I want that feeling back soooo bad since that the expansion pack is coming out in like, 2 weeks.

Try Condemned. It's made by the same people, its got the same graphics engine(though enhanced), and it's got the most realistic sound of any other game I've played(crank it with up). Plus, it will scare the shit out of you:D

tdeath101

Condemned was the scariest game for me. Made my heart race at times. Too bad you already played it:)

BTW, what did you think of the ending? I thought it was awesome:D
yea i thought it rocked too, ill have to agree that one made me paranoid especially the part when your walking in the mall and the wooden things move around the corner or they stand very still till you get close enough for them to hit you.
Britney's Dance Beat..... :eek: :p

but if you want a game that really get's you paranoid,.. play the good old Aliev vs. Predator. I liked the multiplayer with the marine motion sensor... the thing just starts beeping,.. you know something just HAS to be near,... you just have no idea where :p

the first one or the second one?
ive been hearing that silent hill 4 is pretty scary what do you guys think of it?

Last edited:

ADE

banned
Silent hill huh.....all you do is take pictures of ghosts....kinda dumb do you think???

Filip

ADE said:
Silent hill huh.....all you do is take pictures of ghosts....kinda dumb do you think???

You got it mixed up with Project Zero.

tweaker said:
Definitely the Silent Hill series, and good ol Resident Evil.

Gotta agree with you there, Resident Evil 1 (the classic), with Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield made me shit my pants :eek: , and 2nd part was good too, oh and Code Veronica X, other parts are not as good IMO.

Tayl

VIP Member
I was a little disappointed in how HL2 wasn't really that scary. I mean in HL1 there were way more things to make you get that 'hairs stand on end' feeling than there is within HL2. For instance, the little head rapers, those things were placed in such good positions on HL1 that everytime you turned a dark corner, they would jump out at you and make you think 'woah'. As well as the water creatures, those big fish/shark like thingys made me jump too.

The only thing I found a little scary in HL2 was those dog like things that jump from the roof tops and climb up the drain pipes, when you hear them howl, and start running at you, that made me a little jumpy. But other than that, the game was a little 'average'.

Anyhoo, F.E.A.R would have to be the game that scared me the most throughout the ones I've played. Esp the bit where your walking down under the grill, it's dark, there are pipes bursting out with steam, and when you walk through them, you hear something behind you, turn around to see, nothing there, turn back and a shadow boots across the wall at the end and disappears. That bit had me :s.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>

You sure you have your facts straight? nothing but Pictures of ghosts? Silent Hill? I think you must be talking about another game there. I agree the silent Hill series is pretty good.

Quick edit:

Originally Posted by tweaker
Definitely the Silent Hill series, and good ol Resident Evil.
Gotta agree with you there, Resident Evil 1 (the classic), with Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield made me shit my pants , and 2nd part was good too, oh and Code Veronica X, other parts are not as good IMO.

Just recently I've played Resident Evil 1 again on the DS. There is an original version then there is "Rebirth Mode" which makes a little use of the touch screen and slightly different story/gameplay. After that I bought and played Resident Evil "the remake" which looks awesome, and resident evil 0 (the prequel). About a month before all this I played Resident Evil 4 for the first time. I liked that game but I prefer the old style RE game play.

Last edited:

ADE

banned
Hmm...Maybe I am confused....It was for PS2 when I played it. It was kinda scary but All I really did was take pictures and get them developed. I bet if I could have taken them to a walmart or something that would have gotten me prints of the ghosts in 30 minutes or less, guaranteed! :D

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
FEAR and Doom3 were pretty scary, especially the shadow affects and dynamic lighting. I loved the sounds in both, especially when you have a surround sound system.