Screen distorted during startup, broken graphics card?

bradyfan123

Right now it works fine but couple days ago and today, once I started up the computer the screen would be distorted, commas like weird numbers all around everywhere. I couldn't even make it to the welcome screen unless I went to safe mode. So I went into safe mode and uninstalled the graphics card and rebooted and reinstalled drivers and it ended up working fine. But then the same problem happened today. And I fixed it the same way. Could my graphics card be broken? It's weird because once I reinstall the card and the drivers again everything works fine.

CarlC

Judging by what you said i`d say it`s the graphic card.Can`t you borrow someones monitor or go round someones house with ya pc and try it.Cause then if it works fine it`s the monitor if not it`s the GPU.

Vizy

Judging by what you said, it most likely isn't the gfx card - hardware wise, it may be that the drivers aren't that great or there might be some conflict - software wise. Why don't you install an older set of drivers, or install the drivers off the CD that came with your graphics card.

Last edited: