Screen flickering a good amount with a RX 6600 and a LG 43" flat screen need help fixing this

DJboutit

My screen is flickering a good amount I just picked up a rx 6600 a few days ago I have LG 43" 4k as my monitor screen resolution is 1440p. Before I had a GTX 770 and the screen did not flicker at all any ideas how to fix this issue??

Darren

Staff member
Check your refresh rate? Try a different cable? Played around with resolution, any changes?

Update video drivers if you haven't.

DJboutit

Refresh on this LG is not change able
I am using a HDMI cable
Drives are update but I can not get the video card program to load I am running Windows 7

Last edited:

DJboutit

I installed the windows 7 version of the driver and so far it looks like it is fixed I need to test more to see if it is really fixed

DJboutit

I know why the screen is flicker a lot I have the newest drivers install and the do like work very well with windows 7 if I installed the version of the driver that sill fully works with windows then a few programs give me a error saying my video card is missing vulkan. Any way to fix this issue without switching to Window 10 I am not going to jump to 10 that is 99999999999% out.

Darren

Staff member
Take your pick, supported OS with supported drivers, or not. Can't really have it both ways. Windows 10 is fine and being on 7 isn't exactly secure since it's unsupported now.

beers

Staff member
I am not going to jump to 10 that is 99999999999% out.
You'd be better off not using an out-of-support OS, honestly.

You might be able to find a beta vulkan driver set for Win7 but it's a mixed bag. Using W10 wouldn't have the same dependency limitations and would allow you to run the latest/greatest driver which contains a lot of fixes and performance improvements.