Screen flickers on a Display Port with GeForce 3070

tomasvan654

Bought a new Lenovo desktop this summer and got occasional screen flickering, it's very rare, like once or twice per a day and last only for a second or two.
Usually happens in Windows and only when monitor is connected through a Display port cable. I sent it to the repair center and they were claiming that nothing
is wrong, but I couldn't update a driver anymore, because one of their agents suggested to try older drivers. I knew there was an issue with a drivers in general, because
I couldn't play Doom Eternal for some time, until the newest NVIDIA driver was released. Anyway, when I was telling them that there must be an issue because it was remotely diagnosed by one of their agents, they kept my computer for month more and voila, they replaced the graphic card. At least they've said they did, because
when computer arrived at home and I tried it, same issue happened again. I downloaded some tools to check for any hardware issues, run FurMark etc... and no issues were found. I even tried and replaced my Display Port cable for more expensive one, but didn't help. Not sure what to do now, if to keep the computer or send it to the repair center again. I am dissatisfied as a customer, but the return policy is already gone. Don't really know what to do.

beers

Staff member
What rez and refresh are you pushing, and do you exhibit the same experience via HDMI?

There's been occasional issues with flickering on nvidia gpus in recent years without a consistent cause
A user with similar issues (coincidentally with a 3070 FE) from a year ago on nvidia forums posted a link to an nvidia page saying they are aware of the issue and that it was driver related so there's a chance it's driver related and they just havn't pushed out a fix yet
Link to nvidia post
It was last updated in September
Other users have had mixed success disabling gsync or removing sources of nearby electrical interference like speakers

There's also an nvidia thread Here of 3000 series owners (within the past two days) with a few possible fixes from driver rollback to power management settings
Could be worth a try if you havnt come across it already

tomasvan654

There's been occasional issues with flickering on nvidia gpus in recent years without a consistent cause
A user with similar issues (coincidentally with a 3070 FE) from a year ago on nvidia forums posted a link to an nvidia page saying they are aware of the issue and that it was driver related so there's a chance it's driver related and they just havn't pushed out a fix yet
Link to nvidia post
It was last updated in September
Other users have had mixed success disabling gsync or removing sources of nearby electrical interference like speakers

There's also an nvidia thread Here of 3000 series owners (within the past two days) with a few possible fixes from driver rollback to power management settings
Could be worth a try if you havnt come across it already
Thanks a lot! I just updated to Windows 11, so will see if the issue remains the same. If it's not a faulty GPU, then there might be a fix in the future, which is good.