Screen keeps going dark

HMSSHM

Hello everybody,
Ever since yesterday I've been having several problems with my laptop. Sometimes it'd go dark (like right now) and it would then go back to normal. but it is still very annoying, so can anyone tell me what's wrong my PC and find me a way to fix it?

AdmnPower

VIP Member
it sounds like your backlight might be going out. Either that or there is a problem with the switch that turns off the backlight when you close the lid. Check the switch and make sure there isn't dirt in it or something. If there isn't then there is either a loose power connection somewhere causing the backlight to turn on and off or the backlight it's self is going bad and will need replaced. In any case this will require you to tear appart your laptop and possibly replace the LCD.

Advitiya Saxena

what abt power pack, are u getting problem while on mains. laptops usually decrase there backligh to conserve battery. may be the power is having some problem.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
in most instances where i've seen this problem its mostly caused by the inverter, sometimes because the inverter just cuts out for a bit or because its not seated correctly. Some inverters have a metal contact on the back which needs to be in contact with a ground point (such as some screening), if it isn't held securely enough the backlight will sometimes turn off.
it could be the backlight itself but this is unlikely.
Also the LCD/inverter cable could be to blame
in some unfortunate cases its an issue with the mainboard.

HMSSHM

Well, actually, it started like this...

It was when I put this .gif image as my desktop wallpaper, I found that quite enjoyable until the screen started to "blink", going dark at moments. I put it back to a normal wallpaper, although the problem continued. Later on, it stayed dark for an eternity, and forced me to turn off the computer, turning it on again ect.

However, the problem is now mostly fixed...Except when I lower the lid of my laptop. Before, even if I lowered the lid, nothing happened. Now, the screen goes dark, and I have to restart my computer. I lower the lid to hide things from my siblings, and they wouldn't dare opening it...

macnoob

lighting problems

Well, actually, it started like this...

It was when I put this .gif image as my desktop wallpaper, I found that quite enjoyable until the screen started to "blink", going dark at moments. I put it back to a normal wallpaper, although the problem continued. Later on, it stayed dark for an eternity, and forced me to turn off the computer, turning it on again ect.

However, the problem is now mostly fixed...Except when I lower the lid of my laptop. Before, even if I lowered the lid, nothing happened. Now, the screen goes dark, and I have to restart my computer. I lower the lid to hide things from my siblings, and they wouldn't dare opening it...

um i dont knw if this will work for you, but it did for me. i had backlight issues with my mp3 player, so i tilted the screen in sunlight coming througha window to see wethere the screen actually went black, or if the back light shut off, turn out the backlight was off. you can usually see whatever was up on screen, exactly as it was, just in a different shade that way. i hope this was usefull