Screen Lines

I own an ACER Google Chromebook, which is about 3-4 years old.
There are horizontal lines forming on the bottom of the screen. At first it was just a few. Now they have expanded to about 1" thick. Is there anyway to remove them?
Thank You.

beers

Staff member
Is the screen damaged? If it's not variable at all and consistently in the same spot then it's usually a display-specific issue.

Is the screen damaged? If it's not variable at all and consistently in the same spot then it's usually a display-specific issue.
I don't know if it's damaged or not. I haven't dropped it or anything like that. It's in the same spot, and growing.

Darren

Staff member
Doesn't take much, accidentally shut something in the lid is pretty common. Smack on the back while it's closed. Who knows.

I did some research on this and found it's a common problem on this brand (ACER) of chromebook. They state the only fix is a new screen.
Question is, will it do it again with a new screen?
:rolleyes:

beers

Staff member
It might be worth picking up another chromebook for the cost you'd sink into replacing the display, unless you're comfortable with doing everything yourself. I picked up one for my son a month or two ago for under 1 hundo.

Darren

Staff member
I got to the point I would refuse replacing screens on those when I was in repair. They're so cheap it doesn't make any sense when you can just replace the whole damn thing.

I ordered a new screen from AMAZON ($59.78). It took less than 5 minutes to remove the old screen and install the new screen.
Thanx for all the help and replies.
ACERSCREEN.jpg

Good to hear that a new screen fixed the issue.
Thanks John.
This was the 1st screen l have ever installed. It was very easy. I'm sure all are not this easy.
They even gave me a set of tools to install it. But l didn't need them. I'm sure they might come in handy for something in the future.

computercam

I own an ACER Google Chromebook, which is about 3-4 years old.
There are horizontal lines forming on the bottom of the screen. At first it was just a few. Now they have expanded to about 1" thick. Is there anyway to remove them?
Thank You.
Your LCD pannel is busted. These Chromebook displays are not built well, since they are cheaply made. There's nothing you can do to fix it, except buy a new computer.