Screen resolution problem

tonymaclennan

Im having a prob. with screen resolution on my large monitor.
I had windows xp home and upgraded to windows xp professional, however, the screen resolution has now changed to 640 x 480, ive tried changing it back to a different, around 800 x 600 but when displaying properties, then clicking 'settings' tab, and trying to move the resolution bar it does not move. Its nothing to do with me clicking it and missing, it simply wont move.
Also, the color quality is on 'Low(8 bit)', which is not right. The comp was fine until i changed to pro.
I would change back but we never got a back-up cd with the comp or a restoration cd.
Can anybody help me solve this??? email [email protected] or [email protected].

Thank You

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Try changing the resolution hitting the "List all modes" in Display properties / Settings / Advanced / Adapter.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Running setup from the CD provided by the videocard manufacturer, or just delete the Display adapters from device manager and let XP to do the job.

PS. It's enough to post your problem once, no need to start different threads with the same problem.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
We'll all get to your thread eventually... no need to double post... just makes an unneccesary post-trail :)

To deal with your problem I'll need one piece of info, either
a. The make and model of your system -or-
b. The make and/or model of your video unit

tonymaclennan

well im new to this forum and did not know how popular or whether id get any replys at all, so i posted about 3.
Anyway thanks lorand, i followed your advice and prob has been sorted.

tony

tonymaclennan

resolution, graphics, and colour problems....help please!!!!!!

Hi, i recently installed windows xp professional, upgrade from xp home edition, however after doing this, the comp. resolution was low and colour quality was low, i followed advise from a user of this forum as resolution bar would not change/move in display properties, she said to reinstall video card driver, which worked, but now the internet will not show image colours, when writing this note all i can see is text, hyperlinks, and colour icons, no background or anything like that and text is massive.
Im in IE, ive changed the text size from the view mode but it dosn't help.
my screen resolution is set on 1280 x 1024 and colour quality is 'highest (32 bit)', im sure it was higher before my prob. occured but ther only other options are 16 bit and 32 bit.

Can anybody help me solve this problem???????
Email [email protected] or reply to this soon.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You'll need to get real drivers for the video card as opposed to the microsoft drivers. To do that you'll need to know the make and model of your video unit... do you know? :)

tonymaclennan

video chip vend: intel
video chip: 82845g/gl/ge integrated graphics device (b1 -step)
video memory: 64mb

this info was from astra32..where do i get the driver, the driver i downlaoded was from intel website, can you help? im going offline now so will read answer 2moz.

thank you for your help.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
tony, please refrain from posting this same message all over the forum.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
tony, please refrain from posting this same message all over the forum.
If i have to delete/merge/clean another one of these damn resolution problem threads, some booms are gonna be thrown around damit :D

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Send instead a couple of PM relating to this problem to Praetor. :D :D :D
Just joking... Don't do that! You may end up with a blank screen... ;)