Screen Saver not activating

squegee

Sometimes I fall asleep watching a movie on my desktop (in bed, not at my desk!)...when I wake up hours later the screen saver never kicked in...sometimes it does, sometimes not...maybe I need "The Clapper" like the old lady in the tv commercial! Or?

Geoff

VIP Member
Does it activate if you are not watching a movie, but just leaving it on the desktop for instance? Usually a screensaver will not come on when you are watching a video, as that would get very annoying if you had to move the mouse every few minutes to keep it from activating.

My feeling is when the movie is done, the video player is still running so it's preventing the screensaver from coming on.

squegee

Does it activate if you are not watching a movie, but just leaving it on the desktop for instance? Usually a screensaver will not come on when you are watching a video, as that would get very annoying if you had to move the mouse every few minutes to keep it from activating.

My feeling is when the movie is done, the video player is still running so it's preventing the screensaver from coming on.

actually I should have said I watch movies etc. only online via YouTube not in the dvd player.
I never have it come on during a online video. It just bothers me in that the screen is all lit up at 3 am and I am too sleepy to get out of bed to shut it down