Screenshot of my ownage :)

Gooberman

I did have Halo 1 Halo 1 Demo and Halo CE but I lost CE :( I also play Empire Earth 2 (bet you don't though) :)

Droogie

agree to disagree i suppose. i thought the story was practically nonexistent, and the combat was a good concept that just wasn't properly executed. gears of war took the same idea and improved on it 1000%

and saying a game got good ratings doesnt carry any weight with me at all. far cry 2 was hailed as being a 5 star game by some publications which is proof that professional reviewers are insane, or paid off. not sure which :D

yeah then ill go play pong, or asteroids :p

yea i though gears was awesome too, and then gears 2 came out which was literally just gears 1 with new maps, and a few new weapons. which i thought was pretty lame.

Archangel

VIP Member
agree to disagree i suppose. i thought the story was practically nonexistent, and the combat was a good concept that just wasn't properly executed. gears of war took the same idea and improved on it 1000%

and saying a game got good ratings doesnt carry any weight with me at all. far cry 2 was hailed as being a 5 star game by some publications which is proof that professional reviewers are insane, or paid off. not sure which :D

Gears of war is completely different tbh.. I do really like GoW, dont get me wrong. but GoW really barely has a storyline. "we have enemies who live underground and want to nuke them" yea, excellent storyline.. :rolleyes:

altough, i'm wondering what the farther of "fenix" is up to. (end of GoW 2)

the story of Halo 1,2 and 3 combined is absolutely great.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Gears of war is completely different tbh.. I do really like GoW, dont get me wrong. but GoW really barely has a storyline. "we have enemies who live underground and want to nuke them" yea, excellent storyline.. :rolleyes:

altough, i'm wondering what the farther of "fenix" is up to. (end of GoW 2)

the story of Halo 1,2 and 3 combined is absolutely great.

Hope you don't get into Resident Evil, huge long story line with lots of back story but it never makes any sense.

bilbog

halo 1, the best game ever =) at least in my opinion. and halo 2 was good, but i just don't like it as much, the br is fun, but the magnum is awesome...lil overpowered maybe, but sick nonetheless =) and yea...halo's storyline is the best part in my opinion, halo 3 online is fun, but the story is still fun...i must have played halo 1 all the way through onlegendary at least 5 times

Last edited:

Chris_G

banned
Okay, I've never played the campaign on Halo, Halo 2 or Halo 3. I've only played Halo 2 and Halo 3 online at a friends house and most of the time, I hear nothing but little kids talking smack and not playing by the rules. Not to mention the large amount of cheaters and modders who play Halo. Seriously, the Halo franchise needs to move to the Wii console because that's where it belongs for kitty players.

Last edited by a moderator:

ducis

I dont think the halo story was anything to be praised.
how many times as the "supersoldier-humanities savior" vs. "evil aliens" been done....
I never felt any attachment to master chief, he just seemed like a jerk that could jump really high.

Archangel

VIP Member
Okay, I've never played the campaign on Gaylo, Gaylo 2 or Gaylo 3. I've only played Gaylo 2 and Gaylo 3 online at a friends house and most of the time, I hear nothing but little kids talking smack and not playing by the rules. Not to mention the large amount of cheaters and modders who play Gaylo. Seriously, the Gaylo franchise needs to move to the Wii console because that's where it belongs for kitty players.

Maybe play the single player for a change before judging then? makes me wonder tough, waht do you consider to be a good game?
if you cant keep an open mind to things, you shouldn't be discussing really.. and calling things names, well, proof of ignorance if you ask me.
at the moment the only one acting like a kid in a discussion is you. ;)

As for Ducis, good explonation for why you dont really like it. Its basically why I dont really like CoD4. its a good game and all, but i've never got into it. (and I don't consider the game to actually have added anything new to the scene, appart from easy to run good grafic's. )

Last edited:

Kesava

Firstly, I hate it when people seek props like this. I mean cmon...
Secondly, I highly doubt that they were all pro's. The guy who came second had an almost 1:1 kdr and the rest had negative ones. They obviously were all a bunch of noobs. None of them could even manage a positive kdr so how could they be pro.. surely at least one could avoid you for long enough to kill a few other "pro's" and obtain a good kdr.

I'd just like to say this "OH MY GOD you are so good. I mean you totally owned them. In any normal case that would be pretty decent but seeing as they were pro then that is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I hope I never come across you in Halo, you are truly an incredible player and I bow down to you and your magnificent skills.

I'm bored. You can probably tell. :)

HumanMage

Maybe they were so pro, that they were evenly matched thus the KDRs are the way they are:D:eek:. Either that or they were a bunch of nubcakes, dressed up to be pwnerers.

Kesava

I'd say it would have to be the latter of those...

I used to play Halo multiplayer... on some servers I would just go on and pwn everyone... and on some I would get pwned. I wasn't a very good player, but depending on the server I could sometimes thrash the other players. I wouldn't consider myself to have that much skill with Halo... Unlike some props seeking thread starters... :D

tlarkin

VIP Member
Halo uses the ancient old archetype system of good versus evil and one hero conquers all. This can go back to Gilgamesh, David Vs Goliath, Hercules, Luke Skywalker, Conan the Barbarian, so on and so forth.

The story line is nothing new by any means.

Also, why in the hell is this thread even still going. Who cares?

Kesava

The only thing I like about Halo is that if, in single player, you shoot too many of your own guys, they'll start firing on you. I much prefer that to say cod4 where you have to start from the last checkpoint again. Its more realistic and highly entertaining. Other then that I don't really enjoy Halo.

Archangel

VIP Member
Halo uses the ancient old archetype system of good versus evil and one hero conquers all. This can go back to Gilgamesh, David Vs Goliath, Hercules, Luke Skywalker, Conan the Barbarian, so on and so forth.

The story line is nothing new by any means.

Also, why in the hell is this thread even still going. Who cares?

if you simplyfy it that much,.. no story of any game (at all) is actually new. :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
if you simplyfy it that much,.. no story of any game (at all) is actually new. :)

There is nothing new under the sun. Everything you have even merely thought or dreamed of has been thought, dreamed, or possibly done before and will always be done again.

Archangel

VIP Member
so, we all get collectively depressed because there isnt anything new comming anymore? :p ( but yea, I agree. )

tlarkin

VIP Member
so, we all get collectively depressed because there isnt anything new comming anymore? :p ( but yea, I agree. )

No, there are new versions of old ideas still, and we do reinvent the wheel so to speak from time to time, but for the most part that is just how it is. I wouldn't call it depressed, but I would say we are definitely ignorant to originality.