screw newegg

newguy5

first time i ever used them. i ordered my entire computer. first thing arrives today is the case (even though everything was ordered together). totally screwed up. front panel won't connect at all and is broken at the bottow. when i opened the case and pulled it out about 35 plastic pieces went everywhere. this is a large scratch on the side, big ass dent in the front actual CASE part (the thick metal). the power button assembly is plastic and sheered entirely. looks like this was dropped, beaten with a hammer, kicked, and then pissed on. i'm serious, i will never buy from them again. i'm scared to get the rest of my computer parts in tomorrow. this was the cac-t05 cooler master. now i'll have to postpone my build till 2008 since i'm leaving town. thanks a lot newegg!

Geoff

VIP Member
Maybe you are just stupid, but that is not Newegg's fault. That would be either UPS' or FedEx's fault.

Newegg is a great seller, if you don't want to by from them because you're ignorant, that's your business.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I dont think that was Newegg fault. I,ve ordered alot of stuff from them and never had a problem, even with returns. Most likely it was UPS or who ever delivered it. Newegg ships from different warehouses so sometimes the orders come separate.

newguy5

[-0MEGA-];846751 said:
Maybe you are just stupid, but that is not Newegg's fault. That would be either UPS' or FedEx's fault.

Newegg is a great seller, if you don't want to by from them because you're ignorant, that's your business.

i'm stupid? why is that? okay it's probably not a good idea to call someone stupid because the first time they buy from an online site they buy a beat up product, have to pay for it to be shipped back, lose money, and it's their first time to buy from the company at all.

i typically hear great reviews from newegg. i will guarantee you that there are no scratches on this box AT ALL, no dents, yet it is re-taped and inside there is a broker case with a big-ass dent in the metal. now, stupid or not, i can tell you there is no doubt in my mind that this thing was never dropped in the current box is in, and on top of that, if you can put a dent in this metal case without going through the box, you are a genious.

you, on the other hand, are an asshole for that post. at least you could have said, "newegg is great most of the time, sorry for your troubles. hopefully they will RMA your product and maybe pay for shipping."

Geoff

VIP Member
Newegg will allow you to RMA it, and they will pay for return shipping.

You should think twice before bashing the seller. Most likely the shipping service damaged the package and re-taped it themselves, because Newegg wouldn't do that to their items.

javierislegend

[-0MEGA-];846751 said:

Agreed! I have ordered through newegg for years and never got something anywhere close to that.

Screw the company who delivered it!

Eternal Rest

I'm sure if you bring it up to newegg and explain your concerns, they will take care of it. The fact that there are no dents or scratches on the outer box is confusing. That might also not be newegg's fault, it could be the manufacturer since I doubt newegg opens up every product they get. I'm sure newegg will refund it. I've never had a problem with them and I'm sure if you tried again you wouldn't. Newegg has always been good to me and to almost everybody who has ever ordered from them. I highly doubt that would ever happen to you again if you gave them another shot.

newguy5

[-0MEGA-];846762 said:
Newegg will allow you to RMA it, and they will pay for return shipping.

You should think twice before bashing the seller. Most likely the shipping service damaged the package and re-taped it themselves, because Newegg wouldn't do that to their items.

well i wouldn't know. again, this is my first time buying from them. i'm bashing the seller because they have my money, and i have a damaged product. now it wouldn't make much sense if i blamed george w because he runs the country that ups delivered to me in, would it? nope. so newegg is about all i can blame at this juncture...

Last edited:

newguy5

I'm sure if you bring it up to newegg and explain your concerns, they will take care of it. The fact that there are no dents or scratches on the outer box is confusing. That might also not be newegg's fault, it could be the manufacturer since I doubt newegg opens up every product they get. I'm sure newegg will refund it. I've never had a problem with them and I'm sure if you tried again you wouldn't. Newegg has always been good to me and to almost everybody who has ever ordered from them. I highly doubt that would ever happen to you again if you gave them another shot.

well hopefully i'll find out tomorrow when i get the actually sensitive items in. if any of the expensive items are damaged i'm giving up. as for the case, i'll contact them tomorrow about it.

Geoff

VIP Member
Oh yeah, and different parts will come at different times because they usually ship items from multiple warehouses.

brycematheson712

I had a case like this that I bought from Newegg. When I pulled it out of the box the front plastic panel fell off, because it looked as though it had been kicked and smash. The case itself was fine and everything else worked only the front panel wouldn't stay on. I just did a thin bead of Gorilla glue around the outside and let it dry for a day. It won't even come off now.

I've never had any other problems with Newegg products. Get over it. Just because I had one bad experience doesn't mean that I'm going to quit buying from them when millions of others have had 100% positive experience and I just happen to be the one who gets it. Get over it.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
You can't really blame Newegg for that. It's the UPS guys that damage your products. Newegg wouldn't ship out a case with a dent on its side. In fact, Newegg is about the best online retailer there is. I have never EVER had any problems with them. They package their items better than any other retailers I've bought from.

taylormsj

New Guy your a f*cking p*nis, get off this forum now you douche bag.

A little common sense would tell you it was the delivery company's fault not newegg.

Moron

Geoff

VIP Member

A little common sense would tell you it was the delivery company's fault not newegg.

Moron
Now thats a bit over the edge. Granted I said something similar, but I never swore at the guy. If that happened to me I'd see how I would be upset to, but I wouldn't of blamed Newegg, I would have blamed UPS.

newguy5

Moron

thanks for your fantastic input. you're a superstar in my book!

common sense...yeah sure. you have to realize that newegg gets their stuff from the shipping company before they give it to a shipping company to send to me. that thing could have been damaged by the shipping company on its way TO newegg's dist center and they never realized it. or it could have fallen off a shelf. who knows? just because newegg didn't directly damage the product and still send it to me doesn't mean that there was no negligence on their part without a shadow of a doubt. a little common sense should allow you to think through these things a bit more.

anyway...anyone know where i can possibly find the case locally?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119047

i would like to get this thing built before i go out of town.