SCSI's not seen by Windows

TheBishop

Hey Guys,

I picked up a used computer to use as a Security PC with digital cameras, and they work great off of the 80 gig HD.

The PC also came with a Tape Drive on a SCSI pci card. And two 10 gig SCSI drives on another pci SCSI card. All drives are seen in the system DOS startup and I can verify and format the SCSI HD's with the SCSI Utility in DOS BIO.

Everything works, but I cannot get Windows to see the SCSI harddrives or the tape drive.

I have tried Windows 98SE, Windows ME, and last night I install Windows XP, but none can give the SCSI drives a Drive Letter for Windows.

The MSDOS Prompt FDISK in Windows sees the two SCSI drives as drive 2 and 3.

But when I try to partition the two SCSI's it says there is not enough room to create a DOS position.

I wanted the extra drives to use as Backup for the 80 gig hd to save the Security Cameras, as they are at Entrance Gates to keep track of the gates opening and closing.

I have tried downloading several SCSI Windows drivers from ADAPTEC, but none has helped Windows give the drives a Drive Letter.

Thanks for any help

TheBishop

Thanks, but I need help

Thanks for the information, but I would like to get the three items running.

A SCSI Adaptec 19160 with a 12/24gig Tape drive

A SCSI Adaptec 19160 with two 10 gig SCSI drives

All three are seen in DOS and in Startup and in FDISK, but not by Windows

Since they are there installed in the PC, I would like to activate them as a separate BACKUP area for Security Surveillance Digital Cameras at the Entrance gates.

I had a single HD in my old PC and when the HD failed, I lost all access history.

Please, is there anyone that knows about SCSI's?

Thanks

TheBishop

Thanks for the information, but I would like to get the three items running.

A SCSI Adaptec 19160 with a 12/24gig Tape drive

A SCSI Adaptec 19160 with two 10 gig SCSI drives

All three are seen in DOS and in Startup and in FDISK, but not by Windows

Since they are there installed in the PC, I would like to activate them as a separate BACKUP area for Security Surveillance Digital Cameras at the Entrance gates.

I had a single HD in my old PC and when the HD failed, I lost all access history.

Please, is there anyone that knows about SCSI's?

Thanks

I found my problem with the help from another forum member.

TheBishop

Fdisk

I was using fdisk and when it said "There is no room for a Partition," and "There is no Partition to delete," I tried fdisk several times and it failed each time.
On another forum, a guy said to do fdisk again and close fdisk, and quickly do fdisk again, and the partition was completed.

I don't know why I had to do it once, stop, back out, and do it again, but it worked on both the SCSI's that came with the system. And now windows has given both SCSI's the drive letter.

Now I need to get Windows to see the DDS3 tape drive that came with the system. There is no brand name on the Tape drive.

Any ideas?