SearchAssist in Firefox and how to remove

tremmor

I cant find it. Login in here or else where and keywords get highlighted and put your mouse over it and has a link to site advertising. Called Search Assist.
Any help here. Ran Malawarebytes and ccleaner. Checked firefox but did not see it in settings. Its only in Firefox.
thanks

linkin

VIP Member
In CCleaner, does it show up under Tools > Startup > Firefox? It's some sort of addin by the sounds of it.

Check the CCleaner uninstaller for "Yahoo Search" as well

tremmor

Just checked Linkin and seen and read everything there. Found nothing. I could just save favorites and cookies in firefox. Uninstall then install the latest ver then import. Im more curious on where its at. Will wait and see.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Just checked Linkin and seen and read everything there. Found nothing. I could just save favorites and cookies in firefox. Uninstall then install the latest ver then import. Im more curious on where its at. Will wait and see.

That won't do it. Do this instead:

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

tremmor

thanks for the reply. After last post i backed up favorites etc and installed newer ver. It was already done. thanks.......couldn't get any updates from firefox either. its fixed.