Second display output (tV)

thedoors27

My tv is being used as a second monitor...but, all of sudden...all video files i play i cannot see. I used to be able to see video files before i used windows mp 10 is there any way i can get around this? Many thanks.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
This happens only in Media Player 10 or in other players too?
What video card do you have?

thedoors27

Well all i know is it never happened before xp sp 2. As for video card i think i have a nvidia??? Sorry if thats wrong. I only have windows media player 10. Know any other good media players? (i have quicktime and divx )

Yep its not working with divx either......I don't understand why it isnt working i used to watch video files through my tv all the time in the past..

When using divx the player does display but when i start the video screen goes blank on tv output. :confused:

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Probably the display settings got messed up during updating to SP2. Search in your advanced display settings for something like “theater mode“ or “overlay“ and enable it.

thedoors27

Ok i dont know what ive done but i can get videos to play on my tv output, but my monitor goes blank and comes up with this message "out of range 640 by 480" what is that about!

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You probably switched between TV and monitor and now the monitor receives a signal that's meant for TV.
It would be easier if you knew what video card you have. What's on the settings dialog: ATI or NVidia?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My tv is being used as a second monitor...but, all of sudden...all video files I play I cannot see
1. You dont happen to have it on "Album art" do you?
2. See WHERE? On the primary? On the secondary? Period?

Ok I dont know what ive done but I can get videos to play on my tv output, but my monitor goes blank and comes up with this message "out of range 640 by 480" what is that about!
Its about the fact that you can only play fullscreen on one display at a time. Especially so if you're running it in fullscreen 640x480 mode .. and ur monitor isnt using that res... :)

You probably switched between TV and monitor and now the monitor receives a signal that's meant for TV.
That seems to be the case although ... do you have any idea how hard that is to accomplish? :)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
do you have any idea how hard that is to accomplish? :)
Not on an ATI AIW... It happenned twice to me until I realized not to click some of the settings. :)
My poor TV-set had a real shock when it received an 1280 x 1024 resolution at 85 Hz refresh... :eek:

thedoors27

Well i reinstalled windows....and the video files played on my tv....then i installed the new nvidia drivers and now guess what the video cant be seen on my tvjust my monitor! So it has something to do with updating the nvidia driver. Can anyone help me as i can't see any help at all about my problem on the nvida site.

thedoors27

Yeah i think i will do that, If anyone has got this nvidia problem also and has a fix for it please PM me. many thanks.

Well I rolled back but now the video is just on the tv and not on my monitor!!! AHHHHH I hate display drivers.

Well, i know how to make it the video play just on one and not the other....but the question....BOTH! I can't roll back to the original orginal driver.

Last edited: