Second Monitor Detected, No signal from PC to TV via HDMI

villasbroker

Hello!

I recently bought a Slimline HP Desktop 270-P024, yesterday I tried to watch a movie and decided to connect my desktop to my tv monitor through an HDMI cable. When I booted the PC, the HP Logo showed up on the TV Monitor, but then the signal went off.

I checked device manager and my tv is being detected, but yet the signal isn´t showing. I ramdonly tried changing the resolution through the Display Settings & suddenly the TV would display my PC but only for a few seconds... After a while no signal at all was found. The TV says something such as wait please.... But doesn´t display anything.

My specs are:

- Windows 10 operating system
- 12GB system memory
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7700T processor
- INTEL HD Graphics 630

What can I do to fix this? :( Thanks in advance.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Its possible the resolution is set to high for the tv to handle. Connect to the monitor and try lowering the resolution that the tv can handle, then connect the tv.

villasbroker

John, thank you for your suggestion, but still It didn´t work :( I have an update though...

UPDATE:

After trying almost everything, I left the PC connected via HDMI to the monitor & forgot about it. My Desktop doesn´t have speakers yet, haven´t bought them.... I mention it because I don´t know if it´s related or not.

Well i opened youtube to check some videos, tried watching a video and suddenly the TV signal went on! Sound and all. It´s working perfectly now...but only If I play a song from youtube :S how so? I don´t understand the connection.

In fact, if the video ends, the monitor signal gest lost....until a new video starts playing. That just doesn´t make sense for me, what´s happening in here? And the max I can play the video is 720 P, i tried 1080 and the signal got lost.

And btw, don´t know if it´s important, but somehow I can´t find a resolution for my tv monitor to fit well :s Max is 1360x768 & it´s not showing perfectly on my tv....

spinnnerrr

I remember being at the store recently and saw a sign saying something about old HDMI cables not working with certain things. Maybe you need a newer HDMI cable?