Secure Folder from the previous S8+ Android

Elidicious

Hello,

I want to know how I can access (online) the secure folder of my previous phone (s8+), which by the way, doesn't work anymore because the screen is broken and the "touch" doesn't work anymore. Therefore, I CANNOT (physically) use S8+ at all.

I bought a new phone (Note 9) and I thought I'd get the same credentials (of secure folder) as the old one, but no! I had to create a new account with a new pin/password.

Given that I cannot use the old S8+ anymore, how do I retrieve and access the data stored on its secure folder (from my PC) or any other way that you know of??

I tried to google "access secure folder online" but I didn't get any valuable information.

thanx in advance,

Elly

Elidicious

Hook it up via USB to a computer, can you see files on it?
I connected it via USB but it cannot load the files because my phone is proteceted by a password. Log-in Password.

Plus, I just saw that the battery had dropped and the phone was off, until recharging it now. The issue is that I have to type the password because my phone is pass-protected. (Actually PIN protected) and the touch-screen doesn't work. So I cannot type/touch/press anything.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Don't think you can access contents inside the secure folder via a computer. You would have to transfer items inside back to the regular layer of android via the secure folder app.

Darren

Staff member
Don't think you can access contents inside the secure folder via a computer. You would have to transfer items inside back to the regular layer of android via the secure folder app.
Yeah I didn't know if you could or not. Hooking to a computer seemed like the next logical step.

A mouse hooked up gets around the busted touch though.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Yeah I didn't know if you could or not. Hooking to a computer seemed like the next logical step.

A mouse hooked up gets around the busted touch though.
I mean... it would probably defeat the purpose of a secure folder if you can just plug it in to a PC and access it.

Secure Folder is a layer within the phone that is completely isolated from the rest of the Android OS. Apps installed within the Secure Folder layer does not exist in the regular part of the phone. You'll also notice that if you move an app from the regular part of the phone into Secure Folder, it uninstalls the app and reinstalls it within Secure Folder.

The Samsung Flow app for Windows might help with the situation as there's a feature that casts the phone's screen on your computer. However, I'm not sure if you can set that up with a completely broken screen.