Security Tool Virus

theasian100

I Honestly Really hate this virus and all of the variations and different names for this virus.

I usually can get them gone with a simple malwarebytes scan and they go away but this one won't budge.

I need help removing it, It won't allow me to run malwarebytes in normal mode, nor install hijackthis.

I was surprised I was able to get on the internet (using firefox instead of opera or my usual; chrome)

can someone help me get rid of this virus please?

It stops me from opening most programs and things like that, its the usual virus that tries to make you buy the software so it can steal your credit card information.

Much appreciated.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download the following file to a usb flash drive but as your saving the file rename it combo-fix instead of the default combofix. This should allow it to run in safe mode.

If for some reason it still won't run then download and run rkill.scr but do not reboot the computer. This should stop the active infection stopping you from running and installing programs. If when you run it the window closes right away then just keep running it until it overpowers the infection. You will see a log pop up on the screen when its completed noting what it temporarily disabled. Then run combofix, malwarebytes and hijackthis.

Download and Run ComboFix
If you already have Combofix, please delete this copy and download it again as it's being updated regularly.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Combofix should never take more that 20 minutes including the reboot if malware is detected.

In your next reply please post:
  • The ComboFix log
  • A fresh HiJackThis log
  • An update on how your computer is running