seem to be blocked on some YouTube Videos

Agent Smith

OK I went on a different computer with Firefox just to see if maybe the problem is with my server instead of my computer. I had the same problem except that I pressed the “reload current page” at the top of the page just for the heck of it and it worked. The curious thing about it is that once I did it, everything else worked without doing a reload. It also works on the other computer as well.
So I have 2 computers with 2 different antivirus programs and OS. One is Win7 64 bit and the other is Vista32
I find this very suspicious and suspect that it might actually be with Time Warner I guess it isn’t much of a problem because it’s not a big deal to click on the reload.
So I think I’m done, because this is wearing me out plus I'm sick with the flu and can't deal with it anymore..

Just to rule out your ISP try this free VPN and then connect to YouTube and see what happens. http://www.vpnbook.com/ Click the PPTP tab.

Follow this guide. http://www.vpnbook.com/howto/setup-pptp-vpn-on-windows7

Your router just needs to have PPTP pass through on or GRE port forwarded.

This may all be too complicated for you though. But I figure if someone else has the same problem then the info. could provide useful.

I have heard of ISP's blocking or throttling YouTube before and Netflix.

Too bad they don't have a sandbox pill for the flu to prevent infections like on a computer. Just like an anti-virus it works on definitions and so does the flu shot which doesn't work for new strains like in computers that would be analogous to Cryptolocker where it got right by anti-virus programs. :) Get well soon.

Last edited:

johnnyb58

Thanks Agent Smith, I'm going to have wait to do this because the flu has really taken me down and I can't even think clearly right now. And I did have a flu shot along with the rest of the family. 10 people from our Christmas party came down with the flu.

johnnyb58

Apparently by reloading the page allows Vevo to take over my YouTube homepage and every single video selection is from Vevo along with a lot of advertisements. It used to be only one row of Vevo Selections and then an assortment of other videos to watch.
I haven’t tried hitting the reload while running Adblock and I want to reinstall Adblock just too see, but I can’t download Adblock right now because it says "Connection failure at Adblockplus.org".

Update I removed all my YouTube subscriptions for Vevo and discovered that it is not only Vevo, so I don't know what is going on.

Last edited:

C4C

Google/YouTube and many other sites tailor the recommended videos to you based on what you've visited or researched. It's normal, but there are options to turn it off in privacy settings.

+ This years flu vaccine is mostly ineffective due to mutations that happened..

Agent Smith

Apparently by reloading the page allows Vevo to take over my YouTube homepage and every single video selection is from Vevo along with a lot of advertisements. It used to be only one row of Vevo Selections and then an assortment of other videos to watch.
I haven’t tried hitting the reload while running Adblock and I want to reinstall Adblock just too see, but I can’t download Adblock right now because it says "Connection failure at Adblockplus.org".

Update I removed all my YouTube subscriptions for Vevo and discovered that it is not only Vevo, so I don't know what is going on.

I don't understand the connection between Vevo and YouTube. They are two different sites.

Go to the addon page for Adblock edge and try to install. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-edge/?src=search