selling computer, have a few questions plz help

SAMHAIN

New Member
So I decided to sell my gaming computer I custom built through a website back in Nov. '07. Of course I'd like to completely delete everything off the hard drive, but I dont have the windows CD anymore (i do have the serial key though) Is it pretty standard to sell computers with a completely wiped hard drive, with no OS? I'm going to try and sell it on ebay. Is there a program I can run to completely wipe everything, since I dont have a OS CD and can't reformat?
Also, I dont have any of the drivers my computer came with, I lost them when I moved. Will this be a problem?

Here are the specs of my computer I bought in Nov. of '07. The gfx card alone was $400+ What do you think I could get for it today? $500 at most? I dont know if I should start the bidding at $1, or just set a reserve so I dont get royally screwed. Thanks for the help!!!!!


Holiday Special III (NO MONITOR)
SP3Z, /system/Holiday_Special_III/
*BASE_PRICE: [+669]
CAS: ($20 off Mail-in Rebate) X-Discovery Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & Temperature Display [+11] (Silver Color)
CASUPGRADE: 12in COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT [+10] (BLUE COLOR)
CS_FAN: Extra 3-Color Neon Light LED Case Fan [+5] (2 x Fans [+5])
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6750 CPU @ 2.66GHz 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit [+26]
CD: (Special Price) 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
CABLE: None
FAN: CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof) [+19]
HDD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core FSB1333) EVGA nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard [+47]
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Mushkin Xtreme w/ Heat Spreader [+60])
MSGAME: MICROSOFT® FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 [+6]
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2 [+89]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts Power Supplies [+59] (CoolerMaster Unit 600 Watts eXtreme Power - SLI Supports)
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: 3D WAVE ON-BOARD 5.1 SOUND CARD
SPEAKERS: 600WATT PMPO SUBWOOFER STEREO SPEAKERS
TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express [+485] (EVGA Superclocked Powered by NVIDIA [+24])
 
I would not start bidding on something you put that much money into. Reason being is you want to make a good portion of that back and starting the bidding at 1 means that what ever the bidding is at in the end is what it sells for. I would set a reserve on it and see if you can adjust the price when/if some one comes along to buy it
 
Yeah thats a good idea, but the problem is I dont know a realistic reserve price to set it at. I understand computer parts become outdated very quickly. Would you think $450-$500 is a good reserve price to start it at?
 
That would be about right, you would probably make more if you broke it down and sold the parts. People look for replacements all the time
 
Back
Top