sending files

kamikaze77

I want to send my father some files (total of 8 Gbs) since its too big for an email attatchment i was thinking that maybe i can upload it to a file hosting webstie then just email him the link. he doesnt know too much about computers so his side of work needs to be very minimul. the file types are all avi. and i want to keep it that way. ive tried a few hosting sites that say that you can upload 10gbs but when i try t o upload it says that each file cannot be any larger than 200mb.
Any suggestions on how to get it to him. i could burn it to Dvds and mail them, but he lives far away and im kinda broke, that and i would have to put them on my flash drive go buy dvd-rs and than go onto my roomates computer and use his DVD burner and he doesnt like me using his computer.

thanks for your help!

bkribbs

I want to send my father some files (total of 8 Gbs) since its too big for an email attatchment i was thinking that maybe i can upload it to a file hosting webstie then just email him the link. he doesnt know too much about computers so his side of work needs to be very minimul. the file types are all avi. and i want to keep it that way. ive tried a few hosting sites that say that you can upload 10gbs but when i try t o upload it says that each file cannot be any larger than 200mb.
Any suggestions on how to get it to him. i could burn it to Dvds and mail them, but he lives far away and im kinda broke, that and i would have to put them on my flash drive go buy dvd-rs and than go onto my roomates computer and use his DVD burner and he doesnt like me using his computer.

thanks for your help!

I like dropbox, you can only use 2gigs for free, but maybe you could do 25% at a time? Or for like 10 bucks you get like 25 gigs?

tremmor

something that big you could and should run winrar manually and zip them up into say 50meg chunks. download quickpar which is free and it will create par files. you can also create repair files. say it says corrupt. you would not want to redownload all over. if its damaged it will tell ya how many repair files is needed. then download those that was also posted as repair files. thats better than downloading all over again.

Jackster22

You can send them to him directly.

You can use Team Viewer witch is free.

You would also be able to help him remotely if he got into trouble.

Just a suggestion.