Serious Problem!

Monkfish10

I will be very impressed if anybody can solve this!!!

OK...I have just found a "Backdoor trojan virus" using Spyware Doctor and it said that it would delete it on reboot. However I cant get back on to my desktop and after I switch on my computer...my computer reboots itself each time!!! Please I need help to get back on to my desktop/computer!!!!

By the way I think the virus was called "winlogon.exe" or summit.

I am running windows xp sp2, 512 mb RAM

PS. (I can get on to the BIOS setup utility before my PC resets itself by pressing F2...and something caught my eye...it said that Memory Bank 2 wasn't installed.....)

spacedude89

Try pressing F8 during boot up, then select 'Safe mode' let the computer start up, and run a virus scan and a adware scan.

Monkfish10

when i press F8 it only shows me a menu that says removable device, hard drive and atapi c-drom???

Last edited:

Monkfish10

ok i've tried using safe mode and safe mode with command prompt etc. but the same thing happens...the computer just shuts itself down!

cell4me

banned
First do a system restore to before you deleted the spyware and then post a hijackthis log in the security section on this forum!

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
cell4me said:
First do a system restore to before you deleted the spyware and then post a hijackthis log in the security section on this forum!
try reading the posts before contributing, usually works a bit better than just interpreting the thread title.

dragon

cell4me

banned
Press f8 at start up and select (Last known good configuration) see if that gets you back on to your desk top, then go into system tools and do a system restore to the day before you got infected and then post a hijackthis log.

stalex111

Monkfish10 said:
when i press F8 it only shows me a menu that says removable device, hard drive and atapi c-drom???
That may be because your shotcut's are different.
Up to where does your comp get to before it reboots?
Do you have vital files on the computer? Where do you think you were when you got the virus?