Server connection Issues

Southy

I run an IRC server on it's own part of my home network hidden behind a router. Before I had used a D-link router and forwarded port 6667 and 7000 to the internal ip address and it all worked fine. Recently I upgraded the router and switched it to a Netgear router with dual WAN ports for load balancing.

I went to the Rules section and added it to forward port 6667 and 7000 to the specific internal IP. It works fine except for now users continually get disconnected and sometimes cannot even connect.... is there something I missed that could be causing this?

Rothzael

Dynamic IP? Is the port forwarding sticking? I know I have to go back every couple of days to check that my stupid router hasn't reset itself and wiped my port forwarding.

Southy

No, the IP's are static and the port forwarding still seems to be there and working fine. It seems to be working fine for some that can connect but they end up getting disconnected not long after and some people could hardly connect at all without taking 50 retries first.

Southy

That doesn't make sense though because it worked fine before I switched routers then all of a sudden it starts having connection problems. What type of configurations do you think?