Server/NAT

So, I am back... with more questions.

I currently have a NAS server with Plex on it, but I want to make it a more user friendly setup for upgrading as updates come along. Right now I am stuck on an older version of Plex because I have NO idea how to run the update on it, and I cant get Plex to work on my phone or my amazon boxes (only on the PC and Laptop)

I THINK I also want to run Home Assistant on it, and set up hardwired camera's instead of the "Blink Amazon crap I have now.

SO, for someone who is NOT failure with pretty much anything except Windows, what is the best way to do that? I THINK I just want to have a drive dedicated in the server for recording the camera's (3-5 camera's) hopefully on some kind of 48 hour-7 day loop or something like that, and a drive dedicated to Plex, and a raid setup for all our pictures/documents. I have the pictures and stuff on a 1 TB drive now, which should be more than enough if I have to put the operating system on the same drive.

I am not interested in cloud storage so I def want to have my pictures backed up on more than 1 drive.

I am interested in any and all suggestions on how to do this. My Movies/ TV shows are going to be on an 8TB drive that is being delivered tomorrow.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
What NAS do you have? Everything you're looking for is likely possible with that.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
In that case I would look into a Synology or QNAP. They have built in services for security cameras. You could also setup Plex on it as well.