setting up ethernet connection on Vista

Shinnen

Hi,
I have installed Windows 10 and Window Vista on my Laptop, a Dell Latitude E5410. Windows 10 installed the ethernet connection automatically, but Windows Vista did not; saying that the hardware is not installed; and indeed the Device Manager shows that the ethernet controller, the Network controller, and 4 other devices have not been installed.
I'm wondering it there's a way of pointing Windows Vista to the Windows 10 installation for the driver I need.
Any help is appreciated.
...... john

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No, you would have to download the specific driver for vista as it would be a totally different driver. Go here and enter the service tag number and select Vista as the OS.

Shinnen

Hi beers,
Yes, good question. I have Windows 10 on this laptop, and someone gave me a copy of Vista, which I have never tried; so, it looked like a good plan, so .....
...... john

beers

Staff member
Hi beers,
Yes, good question. I have Windows 10 on this laptop, and someone gave me a copy of Vista, which I have never tried; so, it looked like a good plan, so .....
...... john
It'd be a lot easier to just install it into a virtual machine in like VMware Player (free) or VirtualBox (free)