Several questions about webcams.. please help!

maninatrunk77

ok, I've had three different webcams in my lifetime and all of them have the same problem. I mainly use it for taking pictures instead of videos. The picture always looks really fuzzy and grainy. I've played with the settings and can't ever really find a solution. Is there some kind of software out there that can easily help you get good quality pictures? Also for those who might reply this webcam I currently use is nothing cheap it's actually a high end webcam, and I still get fuzzy kind of grainy looking snapshots! what settings should I look for to help stop this? or what programs could I check out to help get higher quality pictures?

ewel

u better get a high mega pixel cam.. maybe you dont have the talent to take good pictures
heheh.. anyweiz.. get a bter one.. go to a technecian or whatever.

WeatherMan

Regaurdless of how good the webcam is, you'll still get grainy issues and poor quality.

Webcams aren't designed for high resolution photography, think of it it like a camera phone. Theres pretty much no phone around that will give you the image quality of a digital camera lense.

In the past I've had a Logitech Sphere, Bought it for £99.99 ($150) and even with high end cams you wont get very far.

I know there are some 2 MP webcams out there maybe 3MP now, you could look at getting one of them, just don't expect perfect picture clarity ;)

Humveeluvr

For the cost that your looking at I would suggest that maybe you should get a cheap digital camers that has video and even have around 7 mp and use that for your web camera, but make sure that it can run off a/c power or usb as you will kill your battery, I have used a cheapo camera in the past and it worked but the main issue is lighting as video will need brighter lighting!
Hoped this helped!

maninatrunk77

eh, a little

but isn't there ways to get the max out of the camera, because I have a webcam over 10 years older and the picture quality is the exact same. theres got to be some kind of settings I can play with, or better yet, a software program that can make it easir to try and figure out on my own