sharing folders for network?

viet_Cong

hey, i have 4 computer in my house and i got a problem. im in a tight bandwidth with only 15gb a month.

i am asking is there a way to set something up so that there is a sharing folder throughout the network? like if i had a mp3 on one computer and the other pc doesnt, somehow put the mp3 into a sharing folder in the network so when i go to the other computer i can play the mp3.

its hard to explain, but 2 of my pc has windows xp and other 2 is win7

is this possible?

jonnyp11

well i know some wifi routers can have a external hdd plugged to them for this or something like that, like on newegg this is on the page for my lynksis e3000 router

"Built-in UPnP AV Media Server: Built-in AV media server streams entertainment content. The USB port provides connectivity to storage devices for file sharing at home or over the Internet."

tremmor

You can set up a work group in control panel. All work group names have to have same name on each computer. Like 'myfamily'. has to be same on each. all computers have to have a computer name. Garage, laptop, wife, mine etc. then goto explorer and share folder for family. Its a start.