Should i buy a Mac ?

rjkengr

basically i look at it as you can emulate the windows os on a mac and the mac os on windows .... right? so then wouldn't it just be better to have a pc with a mac os even if some software runs better on mac machines.

celsdogg

age123 said:
mac sucks

when was the last time u used a mac? have you ever seen one with OSX?

i dont even own a mac. and i spent a long time hating them too, but people fear what they dont understand.

perhaps ignorance is bliss. . .

Geoff

VIP Member
rjkengr said:
basically i look at it as you can emulate the windows os on a mac and the mac os on windows .... right? so then wouldn't it just be better to have a pc with a mac os even if some software runs better on mac machines.

yes

Archangel

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
and besides, games dont even run well on macs, and no right mouse click :p
yea... thats what i hated when i was playing diablo 2 on my IMac.. i still havnt figured it ouy how to use the alternate attack in that game yet :S

bigsaucybob

my friend has a mac that i use quite often, i hate it, yes its the new mac os. like someone else said there is no right mouse click and if macs could get viruses and spyware shit they would be nothing compared to a pc.
O and by the way i only use the mac because his entire family has macs and when im at his house i need to use computers.

celsdogg

macs do support right click, u just have to get a mouse with two mouse buttons. and dont tell me then they should include a two button mouse, do you use the mouse that comes with your pc? or do you go out and get a nice optical or laser mouse?

bigsaucybob said:
like someone else said there is no right mouse click and if macs could get viruses and spyware shit they would be nothing compared to a pc.

thanks for the help, because generally, they dont.

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
looks like somene here sounds quite offended...
anyway, i used a 3 button (+ scroll wheel) logitech mouse. and voilla, it didnt work -_-
but,.. as i said, it was for diablo 2, so about the year 2000. (that mac cant run OSX

celsdogg

i dont know why i would be offended, i dont even own a mac or use one on a daily basis. its just that people have these preconceived notions about something, and they barely know anything about it. i think a lot of people need to rediscover the mac, just like i did.

again, i used to hate macs too, but once i learned about them i realized that i was pretty much just bandwagoning or not giving it a fair chance. . .

Archangel

VIP Member
i truly like macs... to bad the best grafics you gen get in a G5 is a poor fx5200 :(
however.. the hardware does match perfectly,.. thats why the look rather slow,. but perform extremely well :)

alanuofm

VIP Member
Archangel said:
i truly like macs... to bad the best grafics you gen get in a G5 is a poor fx5200 :(
however.. the hardware does match perfectly,.. thats why the look rather slow,. but perform extremely well :)

you can get a 6800 or an x850

4W4K3

VIP Member
celsdogg said:
i dont know why i would be offended, i dont even own a mac or use one on a daily basis. its just that people have these preconceived notions about something, and they barely know anything about it. i think a lot of people need to rediscover the mac, just like i did.

again, i used to hate macs too, but once i learned about them i realized that i was pretty much just bandwagoning or not giving it a fair chance. . .

until i NEED a mac, i won't be trying one out. i've lived 17yrs. without one...never needed one lol.

gamerman4

Even though I would never want a Mac because my 3D animation software (Softimage|XSI) is not supported by Mac yet, I still think you should give the Macs a chance. At my job we have a nice $16,000 (This includes software, the ENTIRE Adobe software collection!!!) It can do damn near anything I want it to do. If the system were to be more upgrade-friendly and wallet-friendly, I wouldn't mind getting one because there is a Windows emulator that lets you use Windows on a Mac so you can use Windows for gaming. Also, OSXs memory management is superior to that of Windows (which can slow down if you have too much unused RAM). Also, a final note: OSX is far more beautiful than Windows XP (Windows Vista is a different story). Sure, you can make a PC look exactly like OSX but it would have the "feel" of OSX because you have to use multiple background programs to simulate OSX on Windows which slows down performance.
Also if you actually look on the Apple website, they have a new mouse that is touch sensitive (no buttons) that has a right, middle, and left mouse "button". The only physical buttons are the two side buttons for various tasks.

bigsaucybob

i dont have any preconceived notions about macs, i have used one, there are benefits to them but way more negatives. I like the simplicity of the all white and silver look that mac has. But i would prefer an aspire x-dreamer or nemesis or something like that. Its really based on wat ur using it for. Im a gamer so i dont like mac, everybody has different uses for their computer therefore different thoughts about computers.