Should I buy Malwarebytes Premium?

ken979

I'm very temped. I'm trying out the free 14 day things and seems really good

Should I stick to free or should I get paid version

I'm not sure what to do?

Deadpool

We can´t make that desicion for you... If you like doing dangerous stuf, need the real-time protection, can and want to pay for it, then...

3Oeh8oz.jpg

Huh?

Otherwise just run regular scans and forget about it. As long as you have a good AV and you are not dumb AF you´ll be all right.

JM2C

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As said, if you have a decent AV then you don't need the paid version. Just run a manual scan once in a while. Are you running an AV program? If so, which one?

Gossinater

We can´t make that desicion for you... If you like doing dangerous stuf, need the real-time protection, can and want to pay for it, then...

3Oeh8oz.jpg

Huh?

Otherwise just run regular scans and forget about it. As long as you have a good AV and you are not dumb AF you´ll be all right.

JM2C
JUST DO ITTTTTTT

I currently run no AV and haven't for 2 years. I think I need to get one. This Avast you speak of, I'm assuming it's decent as you put it on customers computers.

How do they give it away free? What's the incentive to pay for the full version?

I just attempted to download Free Avast but it says Malwarebytes is getting in the way and wants me to uninstall it. I just paid $40 for Malwarebytes, can I let them run side-by-side and still be ok even though it urges me not to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Punk

Staff member
Having two live scanners can create conflicts between the two. I have both the paid malwarebytes and free avast. No problem there. By the way, an A-V is essential.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can still use Avast with the paid version of Malwarebytes, just have to set Avast to passive mode.