Should I buy Malwarebytes Premium?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ken979, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ken979

ken979 Member

I'm very temped. I'm trying out the free 14 day things and seems really good

Should I stick to free or should I get paid version

I'm not sure what to do?

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Active Member

We can´t make that desicion for you... If you like doing dangerous stuf, need the real-time protection, can and want to pay for it, then...

[​IMG]

Huh?

Otherwise just run regular scans and forget about it. As long as you have a good AV and you are not dumb AF you´ll be all right.

JM2C

OmniDyne and Gossinater like this.
  3. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

As said, if you have a decent AV then you don't need the paid version. Just run a manual scan once in a while. Are you running an AV program? If so, which one?

4. ken979

ken979 Member

free avast

5. johnb35

Thats what I put on all my clients systems and then malwarebytes free alongside. You don't need to buy it.

Deadpool likes this.
  6. Deadpool

Deadpool Active Member

Same. That's exactly what I use.

7. Gossinater

Gossinater Member

JUST DO ITTTTTTT

I currently run no AV and haven't for 2 years. I think I need to get one. This Avast you speak of, I'm assuming it's decent as you put it on customers computers.

How do they give it away free? What's the incentive to pay for the full version?

I just attempted to download Free Avast but it says Malwarebytes is getting in the way and wants me to uninstall it. I just paid $40 for Malwarebytes, can I let them run side-by-side and still be ok even though it urges me not to do that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2017
  8. Punk

Punk Moderator Staff Member

Having two live scanners can create conflicts between the two. I have both the paid malwarebytes and free avast. No problem there. By the way, an A-V is essential.

9. johnb35

You can still use Avast with the paid version of Malwarebytes, just have to set Avast to passive mode.

10. Gossinater

Gossinater Member

Ok, thanks to you both. I've done that and will keep both for now maximum protections