Should I buy this PC?

Ivan_

Hello, I'm new to the forum and recently my very old PC has died; It was made somewhere around 2007 and I got it in 2014 I believe. It's probably the harddrive that caused the problem but I do not want to repair it and so I've browsed my countries (Bosnia and Herzegovina) online shop that work's like ebay or craigslist. And I've found a PC that I found interesting ;
It has an i7-4770 processor, 8GB of RAM, 500 GB of HDD, Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2GB of memory), and Window's 10 for the price tag of 270$ USD. I'm planning on adding a graphic's card later on if my mom and rest of the family agree on buying it. I'm not sure if I should inform my mom about the PC yet because she has said yesterday for me to wait a little until we can get a PC (I showed her the more expensive computers and she doesn't know about this one)
Note: There's only 3 left in stock and I asked about adding a GPU to which the seller replied that most can be added

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You most likely won't be able to add a decent video card without upgrading the power supply. But the computer itself should be fine for normal daily stuff. Not sure if the price is in the ballpark though.

beers

Staff member
That's kind of old by now but will do most things if you add a GPU, but you'd also probably need a better power supply depending on what's in there as per John.

Do you have any other example computers with a related price range? It's hard to gauge when the currency has a different value and products are also priced differently in other areas.

Ivan_

That's kind of old by now but will do most things if you add a GPU, but you'd also probably need a better power supply depending on what's in there as per John.

Do you have any other example computers with a related price range? It's hard to gauge when the currency has a different value and products are also priced differently in other areas.
Sadly I do not, in the price tag I mostly find i5 2600-ies with maybe some GPU's (1030 and lower) as well as 8GB RAM or in some cases 4GB RAM; I sadly cannot simply afford more until maybe a month or more due to my country having low salary in general; I do plan on however upgrading the PSU and GPU for optimal performance, I also might upgrade the CPU and CPU cooler later on. I do not do heavy gaming but rather play a few older title's such as Xenoverse 2 and Overwatch; I'm not looking for something that will leave me without food due to my country being simply put : shit

Cisco001

Is it an online store?
Could you post the website and your budget?

someone may be able to help you to pick the best of the bunch