Should I cancel my 8800GT

Kornowski

VIP Member
Should I cancel my order for the eVGA 8800GT KO, it doesn't get in stock till the 29th December...

If I canclled it, I'd get this

Or this

Or this

Or if you can find it in the UK, a cheaper GTS?

Would it be worth it? What do you think?

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
How much did you pay for the 8800GT?

The 8800GTS 512MB is an extremely good card, and does perform better then the 8800GT.

PabloTeK

I'd wait, the 8800GTS is more expensive for only a little more power, but from some reviews I've read it drinks more too, I reckon the bottom-end 8800GTS will be about the same speed as the 8800GT you've ordered.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
unless the GTS isn't much price difference go ahead, but prices here are about $100 difference and its really not worth it, not alot of performance increase over the GT

Kornowski

VIP Member
So you guys are saying that the GT I've ordered it better than the GTS?

ThatGuy, It's only about another £30, which is $60, I don't know...

P.S. COD4, Don't forget! :D

So should I swap it, and why?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Can you post some links the 8800GTS being cheaper please? If so, I'll cancel it right now! :p

I really don't know what to do....

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Ill try to COD :p

He said its about $60 more, i don't know... if you want to get a dual slot cooler and have the money to blow go ahead :D. If not, from what i have seen the GTS is really not that much better over the GT. I think its all the same platform, only with a couple more shaders

Kornowski

VIP Member
ThatGuy, I'm on Xfire now, if you want, me, Frank and Matt are going on it now for a bit before hand! :D

Hmmm, I'll have to really look into this! I'm cunfuzzled! :confused:

pumaking

Hey Kornowski I have a brand new PNY 8800GT that I'll sell for £135 shipped. I'm selling cause I bought 2 BFG 8800GT OC. I'm in the US though but willing to ship to the UK.

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];845420 said:
8800GT 512MB - £186.82 : http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?EVG-88GT5K

8800GTS 512MB - £184.67 : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/138416

I'm not sure why there are two prices on the GTS though, so maybe i'm looking at the wrong one..

Yeah, Look at the bottom price, in the UK we have to pay VAT, so allways look at the highers price :rolleyes:

So what do you think I should do?

Hey Kornowski I have a brand new PNY 8800GT that I'll sell for £135 shipped. I'm selling cause I bought 2 BFG 8800GT OC. I'm in the US though but willing to ship to the UK.

Hmmm, Do you have any pictures of it please?