Should I get the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx PCSound Card ?

I am wondering if paying the $150 or so is worth it to have this separate sound card?

I have been on these forums and scouring the web putting my first build your own computer together. I am going to Micro Center on Saturday. I have 13 items in my shopping cart. I am so excited I can burst... anyways I don't even have a graphic card yet because every freaking one I want is SOLD OUT all over the web. Why the heck is it so hard to get the 4GB graphic cards you want!!??

I do some mild gaming I play Warcraft but with my new awesome build I am going to try some more intense games. I will not be hooking my computer up to speakers or surround sound devices or anything like that. I will be using a new wireless headphone . ( Corsair Vengeance 2100 2.4GHz Wireless Dolby 7.1 G )

When I get to Micro Center I will get about a $300 - $350 graphic card. The mother board I am getting is ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 LGA 1150 ATX Intel Motherboard

Do you think it would be worth getting this sound card? I do like watching videos , movies and gaming

will this heighten the sound in games ?

jamesd1981

It would not really be worth it unless you had a really top sound setup like 7.1 speakers etc.

The only benefit you would find with your headphone setup is a dedicated sound card can be less susceptible to noise interference.

goranpaa

I agree in full to what james1981 says.

And besides, the Asus Xonar DX or one of it's big brothers would have been a better choise if you had gone for a sound card.