Should I keep my kodak printer and any recommendations?

textbook

Got a kodak esp 5250. I am not skilled at using computers but found this tricky to use. Getting the right driver installed. Also when i want to print black and white it mixes the colours and I run out of ink in no time.

Shall I keep this one or get an easier to use one? Any recommendations?

I need something for printing invoices etc and scanning. I am self employed handyman.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are Kodak printers even made anymore? Thought they went out of business? I would get a new one, if you don't need color then just get an all in one laser printer. Cheaper in the long run.

strollin

I agree with John. I switched from a Kodak inkjet to a Brother laser about 5 years ago and couldn't be happier. The Kodak had to be tweaked to get it to work about everytime I used it. The laser is a real workhorse.

beers

Staff member
Are Kodak printers even made anymore? Thought they went out of business?
I picked up a Kodak Verite from Microcenter for $20. They're kind of finnicky, at least that line of devices, although once you get the correct setup then it's like any other printer.

If you hate the printer you have now it'd be worth just getting another one. You don't have to spend a fortune but just avoid the super cheap ones. User reviews such as Amazon will give you an indication of ink usage/cost/life as well.

_Pete_

Kodak printers were rubbish and still are. We all have our favourite printer brands so you will get mixed and, probably, confusing answers, my favourite brand is Epson. All ink jet printers mix the colours to make black. That is partly so that you use ink quicker and so have to buy your ink from the printer manufacturer who do not really make a lot of money selling printers which could and do last for a lot of years. They also mix colours with the black because the black ink is not a true black. if you look at the black ink closely you will see it has a slight green tinge so the other colours are mixed in to make the black blacker. I do not use printer maunfacturer's ink. I buy the cheap rot gut stuff off Ebay. Never had a problem with it and it's good enough for what I do. I do not know whether colour laser printers mix the colours to make black but if all you are printing is black then a black only laser printer is the way to go. they are cheap enough these days. Some are even as cheap as an ink jet printer.