Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

1GB of DDR2 667 memory
X850XT or better, ie, 7900GS
250GB hard drive
MicroATX case.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
nope... some of the larger, more expensive ones actually come with the same GPUs that you can plug into your desktop...

Some are PCI-E, but they arent compatible with your desktop. They use special form factors.

And when I say integrated, im referring to the GPU's built into the motherboard with shared memory, not dedicated cards.

zoul

i was thinkin of waitin for vista to be launched cuz my mom suggested i wait till june nxt year if i wanted to trade in my laptop for a new one...u think by then vista will be the OS for new laptops??cause i think vista looks much better than XP...

so wad u think shoul i wait?

g4m3rof1337

well...
id get vista when all the bugs r fixed...
but up to you, you can prolly get a nice price for that laptop use all or some of the money for the portable desktop, if thats what you want

zoul

u are right...the bugs would be aproblem for a new OS....

u think my laptop can really fetch a good price...
buildin my own portable desktop would be a great idea...
jet have given some good buys...

Jet

VIP Member
Of course, if size wasn't an issue, you could cut back some on the case and motherboard, and save some $$, and gain better overclocking ability. However, that probably isn't an issue for you.

zoul

well size would not be an issue but i would prefer to hav it as small as possible....btw jet all the items u listed is it retail price???

Jet

VIP Member
well size would not be an issue but i would prefer to hav it as small as possible....btw jet all the items u listed is it retail price???

Not all are retail, but most are in Retail packaging. The one exception is the hard drive, and Windows XP. Those don't really need the extras that come with Retail.

g4m3rof1337

i saw a mod where a dood installed a 7in touch screen in the micro case but that seems harder
try and make the screen attach like a printer/scanner semi flip p y'know?