Should I trust this dude..?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
It's unfortunate that you got scammed but let this sit as a warning for others in case this happens again. If you get offered something and it sounds too good to be true (ie offered at a heavily discounted price) it almost always is.

Tayl

VIP Member
The only thing you have to watch out for now is anyone that spams to boost their count only to post scams within the sale section of the forum.I'm starting to wonder if the people reviving really old threads with 2 word responses has this in mind as they're not contributing at all.

Sorry to hear about the scam. What exactly does posting a claim on the paypal site do? I mean, if it doesn't get your money back, why do it?

Breaks.

NJNETSFAN

The only thing you have to watch out for now is anyone that spams to boost their count only to post scams within the sale section of the forum.I'm starting to wonder if the people reviving really old threads with 2 word responses has this in mind as they're not contributing at all.

Sorry to hear about the scam. What exactly does posting a claim on the paypal site do? I mean, if it doesn't get your money back, why do it?

Breaks.

Yea...I have no clue about paypal, do they really think a scammer is going to let the money sit in their account for 10 days?(that's the amount of time they have to respond to the claim). I think paypal should change the rules to where their account is locked from the second you make a claim so that they can't get the money out of the paypal account. And the guy was verified, so he obviously has a bank account or credit card attached to his paypal account, paypal should have the authority to take the money from his bank and paypal account. As I see it, paypal is only helping scammers because people like me that think they are protected by paypal, really aren't and they end up getting screwed anyway.

ceewi1

VIP Member

Breaks.
You will get your money back only if the seller has the money still in his paypal account. Scammers, of course, will remove it as soon as they receive it, so there is nothing left for the buyer to claim against.

Tayl

VIP Member
You would think that Paypal have some sort of way of contacting the scammer / the scammers bank and informing them of such an act though wouldn't you. In order to get your money back I mean. It's actually quite pathetic how little they do if you do get scammed.

Breaks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Im sorry that you got ripped off.
I was very surprised that after telling you that this person was definitely ripping you off and to contact paypal immediately, that you decided to wait and prefer to treat the person as if they were honest.
Seriously with business decisions, unless you know the person and they are a close personal friend, treat everyone in transactions as if they are crooks. Do your research and make sure that you are adequately protected.
Hopefully you have learnt a lesson from this experience.

NJNETSFAN

Im sorry that you got ripped off.
I was very surprised that after telling you that this person was definitely ripping you off and to contact paypal immediately, that you decided to wait and prefer to treat the person as if they were honest.
Seriously with business decisions, unless you know the person and they are a close personal friend, treat everyone in transactions as if they are crooks. Do your research and make sure that you are adequately protected.
Hopefully you have learnt a lesson from this experience.

I only gave them about 12 hours after the thread starting calling the guy a scammer to report my claim. He had my money for about 30-36 hours before I filed the claim, but I paid before this thread even opened so I was screwed from the start. I paid on wednesday, filed the claim on friday, then escalated the claim on friday night to where it was in the hands of paypal, and they give the scammer 10 days to respond, so it was my fault for dealing with the guy, but paypal didn't help much either.