Should Microsoft Give suppor for Windows??

¿Do u think Microsoft should stop giving XP support?

• Total voters

silver295

As most people probably know this month Microsoft will be ceasing all of the support it has given to XP users for the past 8 years. Do you think they are making the right decision in stopping all this support for witch i think everyone would agree has been one of their best operating systems of all time..! What do u think. Should they do it???

-Silver

Gareth

Yes, its about time they put XP to rest. There are NO benefits on choosing a PC with XP. None at all.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yes, its about time they put XP to rest. There are NO benefits on choosing a PC with XP. None at all.

Vista lover :p

There will be the time when I like Vista over XP - it happened with windows 98 and XP. Only time will do it.

To me, XP just overall runs faster on less requirements than Vista.

Yes. As you have said, it has been out for 8 years. It is time for a change, but I think they should offer a reduced price vista upgrade, I mean cheaper than vista upgrade. Mac ads say so many false, bad things about windows vista, and a lot of xp users probably believe them.

Kesava

personally i was always an xp fan... until i actaully got vista and it turns out everyones complaining was quite ridiculous.

so ill never go back because vista is just too nice :)

but that said, i think they should keep up support for another year or 2.
there are so many people running and loving xp...
but as long as your pc can run it... id say go vista for sure :D

Yes. XP has been out for a long time so they should stop giving support for it. Even though a lot of people are still on XP. I am on Vista and love it it works fantastic.

Kesava

But seeing as so many people use XP, it seems stupid to stop the support. I love vista, but theres no need to upgrade to it if your happy with XP.

But seeing as so many people use XP, it seems stupid to stop the support. I love vista, but theres no need to upgrade to it if your happy with XP.

Yeah thats true there are still a lot of people using XP out there and this is microsofts way of trying to get people to switch over to Vista.

Tuffie

Yeah I would like to see Ms keep supporting Xp. But I know if they don't, I'm sure a smart group of freelance coders will do what MS are to gay to do.

cohen

Agreed 100%!!!!

So do i....

A lot of people will have XP for a few more years, i think they should continue to support it until 2011 at least! but then they'll have so called "windows 7" so then they will have to support 3 operating systems....

G25r8cer

^^ XP has way too many fixes and patched already. I think it is well supported enough already. More updates are just gonna fill up the hdd even faster! LOL

apj101

VIP Member
if they stop supporting it, then they should stop selling it!, either that or dramatically reduce the price

also please dont use the upside down question mark when starting polls!! we are not speaking spanish.... we dont use those characters in english and I can see a situation where that impacts the search engines

Last edited:

patrickv

Bro, that has to be the most ridiculous post to date.
We all know Vista has flaws and everything..... even in SP1

what if Mr.X chooses XP cause there's a specific software he wishes to run on it ?
I've used vista and it does not satisfy my needs. seems most of you are running it in a home environment no wonder you all say "hey no problems at all"....
you are not running on a Business Environment.

anyway enough of the bashing i voted NO.

No way should they stop supporting it. Vista sucks, end of story Microsoft.
lol

Last edited:

cohen

if they stop supporting it, then they should stop selling it!, either that or dramatically reduce the price

also please dont use the upside down question mark when starting polls!! we are not speaking spanish.... we dont use those characters in english and I can see a situation where that impacts the search engines

i totally agree!

Archangel

VIP Member
I do really like vista (purple/pink skin ftw! ^.^ ) but I do also think that they should keep up support (even if it'd be in a limmited fashion) for XP.
I mean, I dont see any automatisation computer run Vista anytime soon. (most are still using 2000 here o_O Xp just came up like 3 years ago for this. ) Vista isnt used because its not been released long enough yet I suppose.

Either way, Vista works good (at least for me it does) ofcourse it has its flaws, but name me 1 OS that doesnt? (edit: and works :p )