Should Microsoft Give suppor for Windows??

¿Do u think Microsoft should stop giving XP support?

• Total voters

ka5row

banned
Microsoft has just told you by dam you will use Vista or else

:p What a great business decision. For those who have refused to up grade to Vista or held off until the bugs were worked out.( Microsoft has just told you by dam you will use Vista or else)

As far as for me I plan to get Vista Ultimate 64 bit but, I want to have the dual boot so if I have something that vista doesn't like I can use XP. If I should need to reinstall XP I could no longer install SP2. I just upgraded to XP about 3 years ago. I agree over time it makes no difference in a year or two most everything will be Vista anyway.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Consumer sales don't really drive technology in the PC/Windows world. It is big business and enterprises. They make hundreds of millions if not billions per a year selling site licenses of their OS. To give you an example, my old work paid like $80k per a year for their MSDN site license subscription.

Since there is no benefit at all to upgrade to Vista no business is going to do it. In fact it will most likely get skipped over in the business world, and when the next generation of Windows comes out some businesses will start to migrate. So, since MS wants that year subscription license money they will continue to allow you to purchase and use Windows XP. They may however, stop all consumer sales of it.

Respital

Bwah. That's a stupid speculation, Microsoft shouldn't and won't stop supporting Windows XP as it's the best system out at the moment.

XP should be rested when Vienna is produced and agreed to be the best so far.
Vienna?
Is that the name for "Windows 7" ?
Consumer sales don't really drive technology in the PC/Windows world. It is big business and enterprises. They make hundreds of millions if not billions per a year selling site licenses of their OS. To give you an example, my old work paid like $80k per a year for their MSDN site license subscription.

Since there is no benefit at all to upgrade to Vista no business is going to do it. In fact it will most likely get skipped over in the business world, and when the next generation of Windows comes out some businesses will start to migrate. So, since MS wants that year subscription license money they will continue to allow you to purchase and use Windows XP. They may however, stop all consumer sales of it.

Agreed!